Share with friends:
Childcare Teacher Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have at least a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to successfully pass multiple background checks including FBI fingerprint check.
- Must have at least 1 year of paid experience in a licensed childcare center.
- Prefer 24+ hours of college in early childhood development, education, or other closely related area.
Childcare Teacher Job Duties:
- Supervise children birth through age 5.
- Meet the needs of the children based on their developmental needs.
- Maintain a safe, healthy, clean environment.
- Teach children appropriate skills using well developed lesson plans that focus on academics, social and emotional, large and small motor skills.
- Interact with children in a positive way, teaching young children what is approrpriate behavior.
- Diaper changing and potty training as needed.
- Participate in breakfast, lunch and pm snack with children teaching appropriate dining ettiquette.
- Particpate in the children's activites, children learn best through play.
- Complete appropriate documentations daily, weekly and monthly.
- Be a good role model.
- Follow ELC policies.
- Follow Minimum Standards.
- Follow Texas Rising Star guidelines.
- Supervise Teacher's Assistants as needed.
Childcare Teacher Compensation:
- $9.00-$10.91 per hour, based on experience and education.
- No nights or weekends.
- Paid vacations, holidays, sick and personal leave.
- Access to health, dental and life insurance.
- Retirement plan.
- Employee discount on childcare.
- Regular work schedule.
- 40 hours per week.
- Access to Early Childhood Development college scholarships.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- Friendly environment, working with others who want to make a positive difference in the lives of young children.