- Full Time
- 4911 Hamburg Pike, Jeffersonville, IN 47130
Vice President of Business Development
Vice President of Business Development
The VP of Business Development is in charge of expanding Black Diamond Pest Control’s market areas. This is an excellent opportunity for professional development across a variety of states and work environments. The successful candidate will have the ability to handle all business expansion anywhere from location, licensing, hiring staff, obtaining all business needs and then reporting quarterly to the CEO. Black Diamond seeks a confident individual who can manage clients independently, make important decisions about sales approach and network development while also leveraging the strengths of Black Diamond Pest Control’s team.
The ideal candidate has a strong background and demonstrated experience in sales and business development. Particularly working with senior level decision makers showing his/her ability to build relationships, and develop networks while utilizing highly developed account management skills.
The VP of Business Development will need to work independently making all final decisions based upon the profit of Black Diamond Pest Control’s Branches and their future. The main focus will be the branch expansion portion of the company. The ideal candidate will be able to build the branch from start to finish, and with outstanding success, said candidate may earn up to a 25% bonus based on profits. Specific guidelines will be presented to the candidate if succeeded can result in exceptional profit margins that can guarantee a healthy outcome. This position may require some travel.
- Lead the branch locations to improved safety, quality, productivity, and growth on a consistent and continual basis in each and every process.
- Lead new business development, maintain awareness of competitors, satisfaction of customers and market opportunities.
- Meet annual sales targets.
- P&L responsibility for assigned locations, including evaluating the success of assigned locations and informing corporation of results as required.
- Evaluate new locations for branch startups using census and other data.
- Make sound business decisions based on data and statistics.
- Work closely with Black Diamond Marketing Team to provide continued advertising support for all branch locations.
- Work to improve the performance of employees through consistent and continual leadership in education and training programs.
- Provide guidance and direction to the branch managers regarding the continual improvement of operations for which they have ownership.
- Insure compliance with applicable laws and regulations issued by OSHA and other federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Provide reports and feedback of branch performance to corporate staff as required.
- Make recommendations regarding hires, terminations, disciplinary actions, promotions, transfers, and training to merit increases of branch personnel. Motivate staff in support of department objectives, and manage the schedules to ensure they are timely and effective to ensure branch profit goals.
- Demonstrate commitment to continual process improvement efforts in order to assure that all customer expectations are exceeded.
- Utilize the latest technology to enhance growth and generate new business opportunities through individual leads, networking and relationship building activities.
- Leverage knowledge of the industry trends to develop and deliver compelling value propositions.
- Perform other related duties and business related as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 7 years’ professional work experience in sales, management, training, staff evaluations and data/statistic research.
- Pest Control experience/knowledge preferred but not required.
- Strong computer skills required (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and etc.)