- Full Time
- Louisville, KY 40258
Production Operator - (2nd/3rd) - Sign-On Bonus
About Bostik, an Arkema company
Bostik is a leading global adhesive specialist in construction, consumer and industrial markets. For more than a century, it has been developing innovative adhesive solutions that are smarter and more adaptive to the forces that shape daily lives. From cradle to grave, from home to office, Bostik’s smart adhesives can be found everywhere. With annual sales of €2 billion, the company employees 6,000 people and has a presence in more than 50 countries. www.bostik.com
BOSTIK IS HIRING!!
Are you looking for an active, stable work environment in a manufacturing field?
We're looking for entry level 3rd shift Production Operators/Batch Operators for our Louisville (Riverport) location. If you have a strong work ethic, positive safety record and a commitment to quality...then we want to hear from you!
- Produces, inspects, and packages products per batch formulations utilizing various mixing, blending, and packaging equipment.
- Follows all EHS and Quality procedures to safely produce quality product.
- Practices Continuous Quality Improvement in all processes.
- Participates in Bostik's Safety programs to achieve objective of safe behavior and goal of Zero incidents.
- Records manually and via computer, all material usage, accurately fill out process batch sheets.
Key Responsibilities for Production Operator/Batch Maker:
- Follow all plant policies and practices to ensure safety, quality, service, and cost objectives are met
- Operate a variety of mixing/blending equipment across plant floor as needed
- Perform various quality checks and assist in the cleaning and change-over of equipment
- Maintain an accurate inventory through activities such as: proper reporting of material usage, minimizing wastes, and ensuring that measuring devices are properly calibrated
- Ensure good housekeeping of all work areas
- Accurately complete all paperwork and data entry to support job tasks
- Assist in physical inventories
- Safely stage and move materials by hand and by operating a powered industrial truck (fork-lift)
- Comply with all company policies
- Practice Safe work habits in accordance with OSHA, EPA guidelines, and Bostik-specific EHS expectations
- Work in a fast paced production environment where safety, accuracy and speed are essential.
- Batch making
- Chemical mixing
- Chemical compounding
- Bulk manufacturing
- Machine operator
- Start to finish processes
- ISO and 5S manufacturing Compliance
- Machine operation
- Work as a production operator, mixer, batching, and mixing
- High School diploma/ GED, ability to read English and perform basic math skills.
- Willing to work an off shift and overtime as necessary
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Forklift certification/experience preferred.
- Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft Applications, Lotus Notes) preferred.
- Ability to operate automated and semi-automated equipment preferred.