Shop Helper (27661)
- Responsible for moving equipment both inside and outside the shop.
- Responsible for moving yard equipment including trailers into shop and washrack.
- Responsible from time to time moving equipment from shop to shop as needed.
- Responsible for conducting all activities in accordance with all relevant safety guidelines, regulations, policies and generally accepted work practices.
- Perform general housekeeping - both in the yard and shop.
- Pick up parts from local suppliers.
- Assist Facility Maintenance staff as required.
- Will be called upon to assist with other non-trades related repair shop duties.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Will be expected to work independently.
- Work is normally reviewed during performance and checked at task completion.
- Safe work practices are mandatory.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, exercise good judgment and common sense and conduct him/herself in a professional manner.
- Good interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Capable of learning through on the job training and be able to analyze and solve basic technical problems.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and communications and write job reports.
- Grade 12 diploma
- Alberta Class 1 License
- Basic understanding of shop safety, shop work practices and use of hand and power tools.
- From time to time must also be capable of working outside in all weather conditions.
- They must wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as required by the company's safety policies and as required for weather conditions.
- Physical Demands:
As this is a safety sensitive position, applicants who are extended an offer will be required to undergo a Drug & Alcohol screening process. All employment offers are contingent upon a successful completion of this screening process.