Share with friends:
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Job Purpose: The purpose of the mechanical designer position is to design and develop CAD models as well as create drawings for new Girtz products.
- Create drawings and working layouts for a Girtz packaged system. This includes enclosures, doors, louvers, radiators, fuel tanks, fans, electrical equipment, mufflers, and any other equipment needed for the system.
- Work closely with mechanical and electrical engineers to generate CAD models and drawings as stated above
- Participate in project reviews as needed to evaluate progress or investigate issues.
- Provide design support for the shop floor with particular emphasis on sheet metal, welding, and part fit-up.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in different design phases concurrently, and interact with all-level employees during equipment build phase.
- Capable of self-checking for completeness and accuracy of work produced.
- Two year technical degree required. Mechanical design major a plus.
- Solidworks experience
- Sheet metal design experience a plus
- Welding knowldedge a plus
- Good mechanical inclination and innovative nature
- Posititve attitude