Sr. Cyber Security Specialist
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Sr. Info Security Specialist
Roger’s is seeking for a Sr. Info Security Specialist to join our Cyber Protection Center. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) at the Rogers Park Brampton campus.
The Rogers Information and Cyber Security Unit is seeking a highly motivated Senior Security Specialist. This role is responsible for maintaining and advancing our existing cyber security program through the continual review and development of Rogers cyber security strategy and security incident response procedures. This role is equivalent to a SOC Tier 2 or 3 level specialist. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Cyber Incident Response and Intelligence, the incumbent will be tasked with providing support to Rogers’ cyber incident response function, which includes the identification and application of threat intelligence information.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Respond to security incidents according to company security policies, including participation in on-call rotation
- Assist in digital/cyber investigation using industry's best practices and standard tools
- Conduct digital forensic examinations of digital media from a variety of sources
- Utilize industry accepted forensic tools such as Encase
- Analyze data and investigate information
- Interacts with internal teams on a regular basis
- Prepare clear and comprehensive notes for reports
- Being proficient in the latest forensic response and reverse engineering skills, along with astute interest in the latest exploit methodologies.
- Review and interpret alerts, events and system alarms while providing evolved emergency response services, incident management and analysis
- Utilizing “kill chain” methodologies, effectively determine risk prioritized response, investigate security events and make clear recommendations on mitigation.
- Identify and report on threat intelligence from external resources and use to apply risk based assessments.
- Day-to-day threat hunting, monitoring and analysis of external threat intelligence
- Enhanced level triage and assessment of security events to determine risk to Rogers
- The management of escalated security events requiring a managed response
- Investigation of security events to determine root cause
- Tracking and reporting of events and investigations
- Management production and reporting of risk based metrics.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, information science, or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of related experience in cybersecurity or computer network defense
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and documentation skills
- Strong organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to clearly articulate findings to internal clients both verbally and in written form
- Experience utilizing Encase or FTK or an equivalent application is required
- Experienced system administrator supporting Linux or MS Windows server and desktop operating systems.
- Working knowledge of Firewall/VPN technologies.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, including routing and common ports/protocols.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer forensics methodologies.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and work in confined spaces as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft-based computer programs, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Scripting (Powershell, Bash, Perl, Python) knowledge/experience a bonus.
- CISSP GIAC GREM accompanied by a Forensics certification preferred
- Demonstrated relevant experience as a key member of a threat intel, incident response, malware analysis, or similar role.
- Strong knowledge of malware families and network attack vectors.
- Strong knowledge of Linux, Windows system internals.
- Strong knowledge of web applications and APIs
- Understanding of payment card processing, related fraud and carding techniques
- Scripting, CEH, SANS, Snort, RegEx and PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expressions) experience is desirable.
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.