Senior Security Developer
At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
The Rogers Information and Cyber Security Unit is seeking a highly Lead Security Monitoring Developer to join our Cyber Protection Centre. This role is responsible for supporting and managing security related platforms across a multitude of technology and applications. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Cyber Security Platform Operations, this individual will be responsible for the end-to-end administration of applications, services and tools used to secure desktops, servers and networks This role includes collaborating with SME’s within and external to the organization to deploy software, troubleshoot issues, and provide support where needed.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
• Self-motivated individual with a 'can do' attitude and a desire for continuous process improvement.
• Coordinates support activities for major systems and sub-systems.
• Delivers on multiple operational functions; participates in complex projects, and undertakes activities as required; responsible for the completion of a phase/task or project.
• Provide short-term and long-term strategic input.
• Formulates and analyzes trends and makes recommendation based on results.
• Makes operational changes in support of improved metrics.
• Understands business functions related to existing and proposed technology, solutions and services.
• Extends knowledge and develops expertise in specific systems and business areas.
• Define and execute key process in an operational environment
• Adhere to ITIL for change, incident and problem management
• Review and interpret alerts, events and system alarms while providing evolved emergency response services, incident management and analysis
• Enhanced level triage and assessment of security events to determine risk to Rogers
• The management of escalated security events requiring a managed response
• Investigation of security events to determine root cause
• Tracking and reporting of events and investigations
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent. 5+ years of applied IT security experience.
• Strong technical skills for responding to multi-tier security challenges across disparate systems.
• Excellent initiative, analytical, and critical thinking skills
• Proven strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to provide leadership of both security incidents and team resources
• Proven track record as a team player and business partner
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification an asset
• Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) certification, GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), and/or CCNA, CCNP an asset
Required Technical Skills:
• Demonstrable knowledge, skill and expertise in one or more of the following (or similar) technologies:
o Fortigate Products (FortiGate, FortiManager, FortiAnlyzer)
o QRadar SIEM, specifically administering log management (retention, purging, reports, etc.)
o End-point Data Loss Prevention tool, with respect to back-end server operations, reports and policy management
o RSA SecurID, specifically with respect to back-end platform and policy administration
o Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), particularly policy and portal administration
o Demonstrated understanding of Windows or Linux/Unix server system administration (including Active Directory), and networking concepts and technologies (routers, firewalls, VPN, etc.)
o Strong programming and scripting skills in common languages Python, SQL, C++, API, etc.
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver