Product Manager Internet
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Product Manager will be part of the “Products and Solutions team” within the Enterprise Business Unit, and will be responsible to manage the lifecycle of the dedicated Internet product.
We are looking for a seasoned Product Manager with a passion for making things easy to understand for the channels that sell your solutions and the customers who purchase them. Must have deep expertise in “solution selling and marketing”.
The candidate requires a solid foundation in product management, product marketing and sales enablement. A broad understanding of the Telecom industry, specifically Internet solutions as well as an understanding of the key solution providers in this space.
What you will be doing:
- PRODUCT STRATEGY AND ROADMAP
- Develop the product strategy, including target segment, positioning, pricing and sales forecast.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Develop the roadmap or evolution of the product.
- Stay informed of the latest market, customer and technology trends to adapt/evolve the solution accordingly.
- Gain strategic alignment with other Rogers teams that are working on similar or complementary solutions.
- PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
- Evaluate, select and negotiate contract with the right technology partners that will provide and/or integrate the solution components.
- Manage co-innovation engagements
- Manage lifecycle of products
- OPERATIONAL READINESS
- Develop sales training materials, including product deck, battle card, etc.
- Provide or oversee solution training for the sales force.
- Provide or oversee technical training for the Technical Support team.
- Ensure customer billing systems are in place to support this solution.
- SALES SUPPORT
- Collaborate with sales channels to achieve revenue targets, manage margins, and enable product delivery.
- Act as point of first reference for all product related enquiries
- SALES ENABLEMENT
- Actively participate in training activities. Responsible for providing the sales team with the necessary technical expertise to enable them to sell the product
- MARKETING SUPPORT
- Provide direction and support to Product Marketing on product positioning, pricing, and features.
- Work with Product Marketing to develop and ensure a successful execution of the product launch plan and ongoing marketing plan.
What you bring:
Preference will be given to the candidate who can demonstrate most or all of the following:
- 4+ years of experience in product management
- 2+ years of experience enterprise-grade Internet platforms and solutions
- Entrepreneurial spirit to drive passionate ownership and responsibility for the business.
- Self-motivated, with strong organizational & interpersonal skills including the ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple duties and responsibilities simultaneously, and to reach out to and collaborate with other teams within the broader Rogers organization.
- Experience in the development of business plans including business cases, cost/benefit analysis, revenue potential, pricing models, forecasts, and contracts.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation development and delivery skills.
- Undergraduate degree in a technology and/or business field. Master's degree preferred.
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.