Director, Quality Engineering
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Rogers is seeking a Director of Quality Engineering to lead our integrated IT quality engineering team. Reporting to the Vice President of IT Platforms at the Rogers Park Brampton Campus this individual will be responsible for defining and managing a comprehensive cross-functional quality engineering approach that will result in measurable improvements throughout the delivery lifecycle.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Lead an internal team and an offshore vendor team in driving and ensuring quality of our Technology and Digital projects
· Drive our testing automation program and integration of testing cycles into our CI/CD pipelines and capabilities.
· Engage cross-functional project teams to develop, deploy and measure several concurrent quality process improvement projects and initiatives that will contribute to a comprehensive integrated quality assurance program.
· Identify and apply industry best practices and benchmarks to develop "best-in-class" QA process models and target performance metrics.
· Implement, track, and continuously improve metrics and reports to support both business process improvements and operations across the company.
Overall accountability for test processes, test planning and resource management including:
• Testing for all releases to production
• Ongoing improvements to processes, timelines to obtain efficiencies
• Sign off on quality gates to ensure quality deliverables to production
· Post-secondary education in IT, Engineering and/or related process improvement experience is desired.
· 10+ years of progressive experience within IT and QA, including Performance Testing
· Proven track record for defining and implementing testing efficiencies
· Experience in creating, improving, or managing an end to end Quality Management Program.
· Experience working with a matrixed team of directors and managers.
· Experience in managing and working with testing vendors with on and offshore team
· High level of comfort working with and interpreting data.
· Strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and presentation skills.
· Strong team player.
· Project management skills.
· Energetic self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.