Director, DM&T Solution Delivery
At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
Rogers is seeking a Director, DM&T Solution Delivery reporting to the Sr. Director DM&T at the Rogers Park Brampton Campus. This role will be leading the Data Management & Technology Solution Delivery team to ensure projects are delivered on time, with high quality and low cost.
You will be responsible for overall talent management which includes a team of 7 direct reports, 31 full-time employees and numerous vendor engagements.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the delivery of Business Intelligence (BI) projects and programs with a Capital portfolio of $20M-$25M/year over 150 projects
- Provide technical leadership with BI tools selection i.e.: Microstrategy, SAS, Tableau, Informatica, Hadoop
- Building repeatable process for delivery, working closely with all within DM&T teams to reduce time-to-market, drive up quality and reduce delivery costs
- Enforce and continuously improve delivery gating processes across SDLC
- Stakeholder management, including 20+ groups within Business and IT
- Adapt within demanding, fast pace environment
- Lead talent management, including recruitment, development and recognition of team members
- Building unity and cohesiveness within the department
- Participating in aligning the DM&T strategy and roadmap with Business and IT priorities
- Collaborate with Business and IT stakeholders to drive adoption of approved IT platforms
- Implement agile and cost effective delivery strategies
- Ensure DM&T provides best in class BI solutions
- Manage onshore and offshore vendors to deliver and evolve DM&T platforms
- Support development and execution of near-term and long-term DM&T strategy and roadmap
What you have:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or related field
- Preferred Graduate University Degree at Master's level (e.g. MBA, MA, MSc)
- 5+ years’ experience delivering BI or Data management programs utilizing Microstrategy, SAS, Tableau, Hadoop & Informatica technologies / tools
- 10+ years of broad and deep Data Warehouse experience in complex technology environments
- Experience managing large teams (e.g. 30+ staff) with a minimum of 5 direct reports.
- Previous experience in the telecommunications and/or media industry is an asset
- Communicates effectively with meaningful and articulate discussions leveraging effective language, tone, and style.
- Must be assertive and outspoken
- Creates clear written business documents that demonstrate clarity of thought.
- Demonstrable understanding of how to network and develop healthy working relationships with various key stakeholders.
- Strong business and technical acumen
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with ability to manage multiple priorities in high pressure situations
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and achieve goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to coach and mentor individuals on the team
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver