Carrier Relations Specialist
At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
Carrier Relations Specialist (Vendor Quoting), known internally as Carrier Quote Specialist
Located: Brampton or Toronto
Enterprise Business Unit (EBU) Operations is a high energy and passionate team that works collaboratively to provide a world class experience to our customers. Our singular goal is to make our customers successful.
Are you ready to ensure your customers succeed?
Our business is diverse and our passion for customer experience is at the forefront of everything we do, so if you take initiative, welcome change, and thrive in a fast-paced, vibrant environment, you’ll find success here.
Every day, we strive to build a brilliant future for Canadians. We work as one team, with one goal – serve our customers better.
We do this through our commitment to living the Rogers values and enabling the success of our partner teams.
Join our growing Enterprise Business Unit (EBU) Operations team and help build and shape our culture that will help strengthen our customer experience.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Evaluate requirements, provide pre-sale technical support, facilitate and obtain off net 3rd party vendor quotes for Wireline leased services for Rogers Enterprise, Wholesale and Network Business Units
- Validate and analyze requests from internal customers (Sales/Solutions Architects) and ensure the completeness and accuracy of the Service Request Form
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Product and Solutions Architects to provide a complete understanding of 3rd party products, architecture and processes
- Acquire off-net 3rd party telecom quotes all types of requests – New, Changes, Moves and Adds
- Negotiate recurring and non-recurring costs with suppliers to ensure profitability, reduce costs, maximise existing facilities and market competitiveness
- Proactively assess, manage and monitor 3rd party performance, be vigilant about 3rd party commit spends, contractual obligations and manage the quote through its lifecycle
- Ensure in depth due diligence with regards to serviceability checks and always provide audit trail through emails, formal quotes and reports
- Escalate and/or expedite quote turnaround times to first level support
- Support requests for 3rd party contractual, pricing, process information from internal groups such as Customer Implementation & Design, Customer Solutions and Service Assurance
- Create and distribute monthly and annual metrics and statistics with regards to quote volume, 3rd party costs and products.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- Minimum 2 years telecommunications experience (voice and data) is a must; carrier relations experience is an asset.
- Working knowledge of fibre and copper infrastructure and technology; DWDM, Ethernet/fibre, TDM, DSL and Cable accesses and products. Network and technical knowledge of voice and data solutions.
- Proficiency in Excel at an advanced/expert level is a must: create pivot tables and charts using data from a worksheet and external resources; design, record and execute macros to automate data entry; able to import and export data from text files, saved queries and/or databases.
The successful candidate will be a full time Rogers employee and will receive:
- Competitive compensation package of base pay and annual bonus
- Medical and Dental benefits effective on your start date
- Range of Wealth Accumulation Programs
- Employee discount on eligible Rogers products and services and many more perks of working at Rogers
- Professional development and ongoing support to succeed in the role.
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver