Buyer, Electronics - TSC
At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
Your primary responsibility will be to develop a clear vision for your area of responsibility that is aligned to the overall business strategy in conjunction with an executable business plan. You will utilize your well-developed skills to work with your established vendor relationships, and work to develop and nurture new relationships, and all internal departments, to ensure that your vision is executed while implementing best in class practices when sourcing for products.
You will ensure that you are constantly ahead of all marketplace trends and innovations so that your items demonstrate obvious value and that they reflect the company's vision of a "Customer First Attitude". As part of a highly integrated organization you will work in a supportive team environment with many opportunities to grow and develop as a member of the Buying Team.
- Using your experience and vendor network, you will be responsible for the development and execution of the assigned Categories business plans.
- Work with Merchandise Manager/Director, Merchandising to develop programs and strategies in order to meet or exceed all outlined sales, gross profit, inventory, business goals and metrics
- To build assortments that focus on product excellence and fulfill The Shopping Channels overall strategy to provide meaningful value to our Customers.
- Ensure that all programs uphold the high standards set out in The Shopping Channel's "Customer First Attitude" program.
- Initiate and plan marketing and promotional calendar for the Department by working closely with Web, Marketing and Promotions teams on an ongoing basis; plan and execute promotional/marketing calendar to ensure support for new lines, products and initiatives.
- Monitor all Canadian competitor/marketplace activity to ensure that The Shopping Channel is at the front of all new trends or innovations. Also be aware of competitor's .com sites and their programs as well as monitor other relevant Television Home Shopping Networks. The ultimate goal is to ensure we are consistent in offering the best value proposition to the customer at all times.
- Help negotiate TSC Vendor Agreements to ensure that The Shopping Channels standard Terms and Conditions are met. Also included in these negotiations will be vendor funded marketing support when applicable.
- Be constantly aware of all new product and category innovations. Do this by: attending industry trade shows (where relevant), aware of industry trade magazines, websites and working within the vendor network.
- Manage product life cycles and inventory levels to ensure that all sales and inventory targets are met.
- Adhere to all applicable work environment & product Health and Safety Regulations, legislatively mandated and as outlined in the company policy.
- 3 to 5 years Buying/Marketing/Business Development experience in any combination, preferably in Home Consumer Electronics would be an asset.
- Specific experience developing Home Consumer Electronics programs within the category would be an asset.
- Proven success in the Development and Implementation of new Business Strategies and Initiatives.
- Post-Secondary Education.
- Be entrepreneurial with the ability to work in a fast paced environment with considerable autonomy
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills, multi-tasking
- Experience with budgeting processes and knowledge of financial systems
- Technical skills- proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Internet
- Ability to build and maintain effective team, vendor & people relationships.
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver