- Full Time
- 21.00 Hour
- 510 County Road 180, Joplin, MO 64804
Competitive Benefits and Wage. 3 Openings, 1 Day Shift, 2 Night.
The Maintenance Mechanic will perform diagnostics and repairs regarding mechanical aspects of machines and equipment. This position is responsible for supporting production by redesigning, modifying, repairing and installing industrial machinery. The mechanic analyzes equipment failues, determines root cause and makes necessary adjustments.
- Troubleshoot mechanical machine failures by disassembly and inspection of components.
- Utilize technical documentation (prints, manuals, specifications, etc.) to aid in troubleshooting.
- Research/checkout stock parts.
- Determine root cause of failure and correct condition to prevent reoccurence.
- Manage all phases of repair projects from origination to completion.
- perform alignment check and mechanical clearances as necessary to ensure proper operation.
- Research, develop, and document critical spare parts for equipment.
- The ability to perform and apply calculations (belt speeds, sprocket ratios, etc...) with the formulas supplied.
- The ability to assist other mechanics in installations.
- The ability to perform or assist other mechanics in sheet metal fabrication.
- Turn and center bore a shaft on the lathe.
- Cut a keyway, set up mill and use arbor attachment of the milling machine.
- the ability to perform mig, tig, and arc welding on various types of metals.
- Knowledge on safe use of ropes, chains, slings, hoists, chain falls, come-along, and all other safety equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of related industry experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Experience in a comparable role with 5+ tears' experience.
- Experience with PLC Operation/Troubleshooting.
- High School diploma or GED