Senior Payroll Clerk
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of the Director of Payroll, the Senior Payroll Clerk is responsible for performing administrative functions in relation to agency staff timekeeping and maintaining UC payroll records. The Senior Payroll Clerk assists the Director of Payroll with all other functions as assigned. This staff member will maintain professionalism in all areas, including confidentiality.
- Perform tasks to establish and maintain employee/payroll records.
- Ensure accurate and complete timecards for preparation of payroll processing, including verification of supervisor approvals and supplemental earning entries
- Post changes in pay and tax status, and miscellaneous changes.
- Prepare periodic reports.
- Assist employees with access to payroll and time keeping software.
- Attend required training
- Read required books.
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently. No access will be permitted unnecessarily. These essential job functions dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information.
- Perform other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor or the Chief Executive Officer.
HOURS PER WEEK: Non-Exempt
- Regular hours entail 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday. Must be flexible to meet program needs.
- Associate’s degree required with concentration in Accounting or related degree strongly preferred
- High school diploma with minimum of five years payroll experience required
- Highly proficient in MS Office and web-based HRIS systems.
- Working knowledge of Paylocity preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills. Must be able to complete tasks independently.
- Excellent attention to detail -typing skills/numerical ability/data entry
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and ability to work in a flexible team context.
- Must have ability to not only understand but be able to explain paycheck information and calculation methods to supervisors and staff
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with minimal supervision and to exercise greater judgment.
- Ability to handle confidential material in a responsible manner.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License.
- Bilingual English to Spanish a plus
- Vehicle required: Must be safe and dependable.
- Mileage, Tolls, & Parking are reimbursed through agency payroll.
- Ability to travel to all agency locations as required.
- Word processing: Including responding to e-mails, composing letters, completing computerized documentation, transcribing minutes for meetings, etc.: This involves sitting at a computer for a minimum of 5 hours and could be up to 7 hours a day depending on program needs.
- Lifting of Agency file books - weighing approximately 6-8 lbs. each - 5 inch binders
- Completing paperwork -Such as copying, stapling as needed.
- Answering phones, processing mail, filing, lifting packages as needed
- Walking up/down stairs
As a full time benefits position, staff is eligible to enroll in medical, dental, vision, FSA, supplemental life insurance, critical illness, enhanced short-term disability, and 401(k) benefits.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing.