$2000 Sign on Bonus!!
Functional Family Therapist
JOB OBJECTIVE: Cayuga Centers uses the Functional Family Therapy (FFT) modality in several different programs - each with its own referral and reporting requirements. All these programs operate under the direction of the Director of Functional Family Therapy. The therapist will provide weekly one-hour, home-based family therapy sessions to clients in Cayuga County. The therapist will utilize the Functional Family Therapy model with families who have adolescents between the ages of 11 and 18. Therapist will be required to carry a caseload of 10 to 12 families, providing services anywhere from 8 to 26 weeks. This position requires flexibility in hours to meet families when they are available.
- Carry a caseload as assigned.
- Provide home-based Functional Family Therapy to families, as well as sessions in the facility.
- Actively participate as part of the therapy team.
- Perform the basic accountability tasks related to the job, which include compiling and maintaining all necessary records.
- Assist administrative staff in collection of outcome data.
- Responsible for assisting the FFT Director on home-assessments, pre-release meetings and bi-weekly meetings.
- Attend required training.
- Read required books.
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently. No access will be permitted unnecessarily. These essential job functions dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information.
- Perform other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor or the Chief Executive Officer.
- Licensable master’s degree in social work, counseling, or other relevant human service profession, with two years of experience in children and family services.
- Ability and willingness to work with families in their own homes.
- Flexibility to work when the families are available to meet.
- Ability to work independently, as well as contribute to a team.
- Very good interpersonal/communication skills.
- Strength based perspective.
- Strong Clinical Skills
- Attend all provided trainings for Evidence-Based Model.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License.
- Vehicle required: Must be safe and dependable.
- Cayuga Centers advises that he/she let his/her insurance company know if he/she uses his/her vehicle for agency business.
- Mileage, Tolls, & Parking are reimbursed through agency payroll.
- Ability to travel to other agency locations as required.
- Driving to and from appointments and activities as assigned
- Word processing: Including responding to e-mails, completing computerized documentation
- Lifting of Agency file books - weighing approximately 6-8 lbs. each - 5 inch binders. File in them as needed, including sorting paperwork, hole punching, opening and closing of binder rings. As needed.
- Completing paperwork -Such as copying, stapling as needed.
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Walking distances
- Walking up and down stairs inside/outside
- Able to have contact with consumer’s - non-contagious illness
HOURS PER WEEK: Exempt.
- Regular hours entail a flexible, variable schedule with 40 hours per week.
- On-call duties, as assigned
As a full time benefits position, staff is eligible to enroll in medical, dental, vision, FSA, supplemental life insurance, critical illness, enhanced short-term disability, and 401(k) benefits.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing.