Wanted! 2nd Shift Facilities Attendant
Perform a variety of custodial and general housekeeping duties involving the care, cleaning and stocking of supplies in College buildings, offices and residential areas. Provide customer service to assist in promoting a hospitable environment and positive perceptions of College facilities. This position is considered to be essential during emergency situations and the incumbent is subject to being request to report to work.
- Maintain the safety, cleanliness and order of indoor campus facilities to include cleaning floors, walls, furniture and windows in all campus buildings, student dorms and apartments.
- Conduct routine maintenance and upkeep to include changing light bulbs and clock batteries, resetting clocks, filling/refilling toilet paper/paper towels, setting/emptying mousetraps and other related activities.
- Maintain the cleanliness of flooring and furniture in campus facilities to include stripping and refinishing of hard floor surfaces, buffing and burnishing of hard floors, operating shampoo and extraction equipment for furniture and carpeting, and identifying and removing all spots and stains in carpets.
- Clean campus facilities after bio-hazards and/or traumatic events; properly dispose of all trash and bio-hazardous materials.
- Clean custodial tools and equipment; inform supervisors of damage or replacement needs; complete and submit all necessary paperwork, records and logs, as necessary.
- Maintain the safety, cleanliness and order of outdoor campus facilities to include cleaning building entranceways, balconies, trash receptacles, and College-owned properties off-campus; remove snow and ice from building entrances, steps and walkways.
- Unlock entrances to buildings and classrooms.
- Prepare for College events and activities to include lining and setting-up event areas and securing appropriate seating arrangements for events; pull out bleachers for sporting events and assist with lighting; operate elevators, as needed and monitor events to ensure safety and cleanliness.
- Provide hospitality services and perform housekeeping duties during the summer period to include cleaning rooms; changing linens; making beds; and stocking towels, soap and cups. Facilitate linen exchange. Ensure timely and efficient turnover of facilities to accommodate incoming guests.
- Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
- Provide customer service to assist with special needs of College visitors and promote a hospitable environment.
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and work with minimal supervision; good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment; familiarity with various cleaning agents and related equipment; the ability to lift and carry 40 lbs. and climb a 6-ft. ladder are required. A valid NYS Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one is preferred.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Application Review Date
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one):Visa sponsorship is not provided for this positionDepartment description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State’s scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger’s as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Job Open Date07/22/2019Job Close Date