Join our Information Technology team!
Lead the design, development, and installation of AV technology hardware, peripherals, and system installations located in classrooms, conference rooms, offices, event spaces, theaters, and digital signage for the College. This position will consult and collaborate with campus stakeholders, vendors, architects, electrical and carpentry trades, and internal Network, Endpoint, and System Administration Teams. Develop and maintain expertise in audio-visual configuration and an awareness of the latest trends and best practices in AV industry.
1. Provide advanced technical expertise; develop, design, document, and commission installations of AV technology and systems to include AV control, digital signal processing, and wireless presentation to assure the AV technology need of the College are met.
2. Plan ongoing enhancements and make recommendations concerning functionality and system requirements and capabilities of the physical and virtual AV technology infrastructure and systems.
3. Design, implement, and manage assisted listen systems to ensure the College’s AV environment meets the accessibility, compliance and risk standards.
4. Develop and review Statement of Work and Bill of Material specifications for each initiative.
5. Provide system administration for the enterprise AV technology management systems supported by Information Technology. Troubleshoot network and digital AV technologies and work collaboratively with internal Information Technology teams to assure AV systems meet design, security, safety, and system standards.
6. Provide Tier-3 AV technical support for the AV Service team, both full-time and student staff.
7. Serve as a liaison with AV hardware and software vendors and service providers; obtain technical specifications and knowledge of technological changes relevant to the College’s AV systems; analyze and make recommendation regarding AV systems, technologies, architectures, designs, and products.
8. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience with audio-visual system design and integration or the equivalent combination; previous hands-on experience with performing AV system installations, management, and troubleshooting modern AV technology systems; experience with CAD and Visio, knowledge of modern construction processes, and familiarity of ADA requirements, as they pertain to audio-visual system design; Avixa CTS certification or equivalent; CTS-D certification must be obtained within a year from hire date; demonstrated record of strong customer service skills, excellent attention to detail, and strong analytical organizational, written and verbal communications skills; high degree of professionalism, judiciousness, diplomacy, and sensitivity to the needs of all constituencies in an academic environment and and the ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment; valid New York State Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one and ability to work overtime required. Experience with Crestron DM Tools, Crestron Fusion RV, Utelogy and Mersive Solstice Dashboard; experience supporting Apple operating systems 10.11 or higher; and Avixa CTS-D and/or CTS-I and networking certification, such as CompTIA Network+ or equivalent preferred.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.