- Full Time
- 99 Golden Hill Drive, Kingston, NY 12401
WELCOME TO OUR TEAM!
Unit Assistant - Evening shift 3p-11p
To support and assist the nursing assistant and the resident care process. Unit assistants may apply for admission to the nursing assistant program and take the required classes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Make beds, tidy rooms, and closets as assigned by nurse.
- Transport residents to appointments, solariums, and dining room.
- Assist in passing and collecting meal trays. Document food and fluid intakes.
- Tidy kitchen, utility rooms, and bathing rooms as assigned.
- Assists with resident activities as need.
This job requires frequent lifting, pushing, and pulling. The employee must walk, stoop, kneel, reach and handle, talk and hear, and see. The work is inside and outside and involves a variety of duties.
Follows nursing home policies and procedures.
Respects residents’ rights and dignity.
Reports any suspected resident abuse as required by government regulations and the nursing home policies.
Attend all required inservices and seminars.
Mandatory inservices must be met within time required.
Required to follow established policies in regard to tardiness, attendance, and dress code.
Serves as a positive ambassador to Susquehanna Nursing Home, residents, staff, visitors, and the community.
Must be able to read and write. Common sense. Flexible.