- Part Time
- 99 Golden Hill Drive, Kingston, NY 12401
Speech Language Pathologists
Golden Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a Five-Star, 280 bed nursing facility located in Ulster County. Newly remodeled, state of the art facility offering both post-acute and long term care. Golden Hill Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, located in Kingston NY, is seeking perdiem Speech Language Pathologists. Must be flexible, monday-friday, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Treats residents who have been referred to the speech therapist by the resident’s physician on written order. Identifies residents by diagnosis or observation or staff referral who may benefit from therapy and requests orders for evaluation and treatment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in establishing objectives, policies, and procedures. Provides education/in-servicing to staff. Provides information to administration regarding QA statistics.
- Reviews referrals for speech therapy and physician’s orders; performs evaluations, sets goals, devises treatment programs, and implements treatments based on diagnosis, resident’s condition and rehabilitative prognosis. Makes recommendations, sends progress note, and consults with the physician as necessary.
- Maintains proper documentation in medical record including evaluations, progress notes, discharge summaries and treatment logs. Provides information for care planning, MDS and quality assurance.
- Seeks current information in the field to optimize patient treatment and outcome. Uses evidence-based treatment plan and initiates optimal continual education opportunities.
- Communicates with interdisciplinary team regarding patient care and consults with families as needed. Acts as a SLP consultant to all departments providing in-services as necessary; may perform other duties as directed by the department Director. Communicates with SLP and per-diem staff.
Work is performed in a clinical rehabilitation department setting and in patient rooms where contact with staff, physicians, residents’ families and the public is required. Requires walking up to 95% of the workday. Must be capable to pushing, pulling, and moving up to 50 pounds or more. Finger dexterity is required with eye-hand coordination and vision and hearing corrected to normal range.
Reports to the Director of Therapy.
Treats patient information as confidential materials.
Maintains safety of patient and self during treatment.
Accurate and timely record keeping.
Follows nursing home policies and procedures.
Respects residents’ rights and dignity.
Reports any suspected resident abuse as required by government regulations and the nursing home policies.
Attend all required in-services and seminars.
Mandatory in-services must be met within time required.
Required to follow established policies in regard to tardiness, attendance, and dress code.
Serves as a positive ambassador to Golden Hill Health Care Center, residents, staff, visitors, and the community.
Work requires the knowledge of speech therapy normally acquired through an accredited University for speech therapy. New York State license to practice speech therapy. Must possess skills to effectively acquire pertinent information from patients’ charts and the patients to evaluate, implement procedures, and document the effects of treatment. Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate accurately and precisely to patients and family members the instructions that may be necessary in the completion of a treatment program. Must be able to identify changes in patient conditions and be able to communicate those changes to the appropriate staff member.
Job Type: Full-time and Perdiem