$27.00 per Hour! Full Time Year Round
Ever wanted to work in a 150 year-old castle? Mohonk Mountain House is the Hudson Valley’s most iconic resort, and we have a place for you! Our jobs range from career positions with room to advance, to seasonal opportunities that are perfect for entry-level summer work, and everything in between.
The resort features a wide range of work: cooking, serving, reservations, housekeeping, spa attendants and massage, gardening, security, facilities and grounds maintenance, accounting, sales, recreation, and so much more. In addition to a fun and exciting work environment, our associates have access to our trails, golf course and tennis courts, canoes, kayaks, and more.
Mohonk Mountain House has been owned and operated by the Smiley family for five generations. When you join our team, you become part of the Mohonk family.
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To provide prompt, courteous service to the dining guests of the Mohonk Mountain House for breakfast, lunch, dinner and special functions according to the standards set by Management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work in coordination with kitchen staff and other dining room staff ensuring the efficient operation of the restaurant.
- Learn standard menu items so that you can describe them to the guest in detail and answer any questions they may have.
- Provide recommendations and suggestions aimed at enhancing the satisfaction of diners- such as recommendations about wine pairings.
- Open wine bottles and champagne table-side with waiter’s corkscrew, and present to guests.
- Take and receive food and beverage orders from guest and serve in an efficient, timely and professional manner following the established sequence of service.
- Enter guest orders in a POS with the ability to enter special requests such as dietary restrictions, allergies, etc.
- Anticipate guest needs and meet them before you are asked to.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- Negotiate stairs up and down while carrying full trays.
- Work under crowded and noisy conditions and to navigate around guests with loaded trays.
- Handle dishes and glassware carefully.
- Provide proper service while serving wines and champagne, and have thorough knowledge of cocktails, spirits, and beer- including local selections.
- Set and reset tables with linen, silverware, dishware, and glassware.
- Mark silverware with each course.
- Clean before, during and after service, maintaining high standards of cleanliness. Store food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Assist in the set up and breakdown of special functions.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
- Assume responsibility for all Mohonk Mountain House equipment and supplies. Use caution to prevent loss and abuse of Mohonk Mountain House property.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; present a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintain a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Inspect work by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Speak, read, and write in English and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees.
- Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bends, kneels, stoops, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, and stand for up to 3-4 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 35-40 lbs from ground level to waist height and carry up to 100 feet without assistance.
- Lift up to 35-40 lbs from waist height to shoulder height and carry up to 500 ft without assistance.
- Walk up to 6 miles per shift.
- Wear Mohonk Mountain House approved safety shoes, and proper safety equipment when performing tasks that recommend such equipment.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays and during peak periods of business.
- Perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest’ personal information and use with discretion.
- Operate vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Knowledge of hospitality and experience in food and beverage service.
- TIPS or other state-recognized Alcohol Awareness Training Certification preferred.
- Servsafe or other industry-recognized safe food handling certification preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.