Share with friends:
FULL TIME / TEMP TO PERM
Schedule and Pay:
- HOURS: Monday-Friday, 1st Shift (7am-3pm) -AND- 2nd Shift (3pm-11pm)
- PAY: 1st Shift $16/Hour, 2nd Shift $16.50/Hour
- TEMP TO PERM
- LOCATION: Beacon, NY
- Background and Drug Screen REQUIRED
- Responsible for the operation of the belt press and auxiliary equipment.
- Typically belt press helpers and belt press operators perform work elements together with interchangeable jobs. However, the belt press operator is in charge and is responsible for work performed, and in absence of supervisor has final say and responsibility for determining the method and ways to eliminate problems.
- The belt press operator is also responsibly for the start-up and shut-down of the belt presses.
- Previous experience in the belting department is helpful but not necessary. Must be trained by a qualified belt press operator and show ability to perform all the required tasks before being allowed to work on his/her own.
In this position the Belt Press Operator will successfully perform the following functions:
- Obtain material and read route sheet and specifications.
- Start up and set equipment to specified conditions.
- Load material on to a press, inspect and make any necessary repairs.
- Record specified information from specification on cure sheet and cures material.
- Cut and label samples for laboratory and quality control.
- Report any material or equipment abnormalities to supervisor, clean press platens, and spray with release agent as needed.
- Unload material and shut down equipment.
- Complete required forms and record information on the route or spec sheets in the time required.
- Ensure that quality standards are being met and that product being produced will meet those standards.
- Follow plant/departmental housekeeping procedures including keeping your equipment and area clean and maintained properly.
- Comply with all safety procedures and attend all scheduled safety training. Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including steel toed shoes, safety glasses and ear plugs in required areas at all times.
- Remain alert to your surroundings and report any material, equipment abnormalities, malfunctioning tools and material issues to your group leader or supervisor immediately.
- Assist in employee training of machine operation, job responsibilities, quality standards, housekeeping, and safety procedures.
- Participate in inventory activities.
- Perform other miscellaneous work duties as assigned to fully utilize time or as pertinent to the job.
Education, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- High school diploma or equivalency diploma is required.
- Technical or trade courses are preferred.
- Read, understand and write English proficiently.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Read snap gauge and feeler gauge.
- Read stop watch, temperature gauges, etc.
- Ability to read a tape measure in fractions of inches.