Population Health Specialist
Hudson River HealthCare provides the highest quality comprehensive primary, preventive, and behavioral health services to all who seek it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay, especially for the underserved and vulnerable. Hudson River Health Center (HRHCare) a Federally Qualified, Non-For-Profit Health Center serving communities in Suffolk County. HRHCare is currently seeking the following healthcare professional to join our team at ourExecutive officein Peekskill. We currently have the need for a full-time Population Health Specialist.
Under the direction of the Director of Population of Health, assists the Performance Specialist with MCOs and documentation of care provided to HRHCare patients to demonstrate compliance with QARR/HEDIS and other performance-based reporting requirements. Initiates outreach efforts to patients newly enrolled and those who present a gap in care.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with key staff members of managed care (MCOs) and other organizations on activities regarding QARR/HEDIS reporting and quality performance programs
- Maintain documentation of current QARR/HEDIS standards and the guidelines for incentive and other performance-based programs
- Coordinate submission to MCOs and other partners of documentation from the EHR of the care provided, and organize on-site medical records audits by MCOs and other partners
- In cooperation with Performance Specialist, work with Finance and Informatics to validate HRHCare internal reports regarding quality incentives and other performance contracts
- Contacts patients newly enrolled in a managed care plan with an assigned HRHCare provider; facilitate engagement with HRHCare provider; assist in selection of Primary CareGiver (PCG) and schedule appointments for patients
- Contacts HRHCare patients enrolled in managed care plans who are due for preventive and/or chronic care services, to remind patients of services due and schedule appointments for them
- Analyze performance against benchmarks for incentive and performance-based programs and identify opportunities for improvement
- Document activity and the results in electronic format (primarily the electronic health record and MS Excel or Access)
- Performs other tasks relevant to QARR/HEDIS and other QIP programs, reporting and health plan quality initiatives as directed
Minimum Education Requirement:
Preferred Education Requirement
Minimum Related Work Experience:
Other Minimum Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirement:
Must possess a valid NYS Driver's License and have experience in primary care and knowledge of behavioral health and substance abuse services. Qualified candidate must be willing to work weekend hours and have a flexible schedule.
We are a network of 40 community and migrant health centers located in Peekskill, Beacon, Poughkeepsie, Amenia, Dover Plains, Pine Plains, Hudson, Middletown, New Paltz, Goshen, Greenport, Haverstraw, Spring Valley, Nyack, Monticello, Walden and Yonkers, Amityville, Southampton, Wyandanch, Shirley, Patchogue, Coram, Huntington, Brentwood, Riverhead. and the five boroughs.Annually, we serve over 185,000 patients and over 500,000 encounters.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, Life and AD&D insurance, ongoing training opportunities and a wellness program.
Interested candidates please submit your resume.