- Part Time
- 99 Golden Hill Drive, Kingston, NY 12401
Golden Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a Five-Star , 280 bed nursing facility located in Ulster County. Newly remodeled, state of the art facility offering both post-acute and long term care. We currently have full- time and perdiem positions available as Physical Therapists and Physical Therapy Aides. Must be flexible, monday-friday, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Treats residents who have been referred to the physical therapist by the resident’s physician on written order. Identifies residents by diagnosis or observation or staff referral who may benefit from therapy and requests orders for evaluation and treatment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establishes objectives, policies, and procedures. Provides information to administration regarding statistics, supplies, equipment, and personnel.
- Reviews referrals for physical therapy and physician’s orders; performs evaluations, sets goals, devises treatment programs, and implements treatments based on diagnosis, resident’s condition and rehabilitative prognosis. Makes recommendations, sends progress note, and consults with the physician as necessary.
- Maintains proper documentation in medical record including evaluations, progress notes, discharge summaries and treatment logs. Provides information for care planning, MDS, PRI, and quality assurance.
- Orients, instructs, and supervises physical therapy staff in physical therapy and assigns duties. Supervises physical therapy assistants concerning the carrying out of treatment programs. Supervises physical therapy and physical therapy assistant students.
- Communicates with interdisciplinary team regarding patient care and consults with families as needed. Acts as a physical therapy consultant to all departments providing inservicing as necessary; may perform other duties as directed by the Director.
Work is performed in a clinical rehabilitation department setting and in patient rooms where contact with staff, physicians, residents’ families and the public is required. Requires walking up to 95% of the workday. Must be capable to pushing, pulling, and moving up to 50 pounds or more. Finger dexterity is required with eye-hand coordination and vision and hearing corrected to normal range.
Reports to the Director of Therapy.
Treats patient information as confidential materials.
Maintains safety of patient and self during treatment.
Accurate and timely recording keeping.
Follows nursing home policies and procedures.
Respects residents’ rights and dignity.
Reports any suspected resident abuse as required by government regulations and the nursing home policies.
Attend all required inservices and seminars.
Mandatory inservices must be met within time required.
Required to follow established policies in regard to tardiness, attendance, and dress code.
Serves as a positive ambassador to Golden Hill Health Care Center, residents, staff, visitors, and the community.
Work requires the knowledge of physical therapy normally acquired through accredited University for physical therapy. New York State license to practice physical therapy. Must possess skills to effectively acquire pertinent information from patients’ charts and the patients to evaluate, implement procedures, and document the effects of treatment. Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate accurately and precisely to patients and family members the instructions that may be necessary in the completion of a treatment program. Must be able to identify changes in patient conditions and be able to communicate those changes to the appropriate staff member.