- Full Time, Part Time
- 99 Golden Hill Drive, Kingston, NY 12401
Physical Therapist Assistant
Golden Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a Five-Star , 280 bed nursing facility located in Ulster County. Newly remodeled, state of the art facility offering both post-acute and long term care. We currently have full-time and perdiem posiitons available as a Physical Therapist Assistant. Must be flexible, monday-friday, eveings, weekends and holidays.
Assists Physical Therapist with all patient treatments for in-patients, outpatients, and contract services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The Physical Therapy Assistant will schedule and carry a regular patient caseload under the supervision from the Licensed Physical Therapist, performing the prescribed patient treatments after completion of the patient evaluation by the Physical Therapist.
2. The Physical Therapy Assistant must work with the Physical Therapist on:
(a) Collection of data for the re-evaluation of patient progress
(b) Recommendation for changes in patient treatments
(c) Assisting with data collection for the progress and discharge notes written in the medical chart.
3. Guides activities of aides and families concerning patient treatment and assists in development of education or training to health care personnel, families and care givers.
4. Takes initiative to carry out services in the nursing home, beyond physical rehabilitation; including assistance on unit, rounds, QA, etc.
5. Assists with general cleaning of patient treatment area and supplies, ordinary equipment for patient use.
6. Assists with student education.
7. Takes responsibility and uses opportunities to promote education and professional knowledge.
8. Uses effective communication techniques within rehabilitation department and inter departmentally to maximize team building.
Work is performed in a clinical Rehabilitation Department setting and in resident rooms, where contact with staff, physicians, resident's families and the public is required. Requires walking up to 95% of the workday. Must be capable of lifting, pushing, pulling, and moving up to 50 pounds or more. Finger dexterity is required with eye-hand coordination, vision and hearing corrected to normal range.
Reports to Physical Therapist.
Treat patient information as confidential materials. Follows HIPAA guidelines
Maintain safety of patient and self during treatment.
Accurate and timely record keeping.
Follows nursing home policies and procedures.
Respects residents’ rights and dignities.
Reports any suspected resident abuse as required by government regulations and the nursing home policies.
Attend all required inservices and seminars.
Mandatory inservices must be met within time required.
Required to follow established policies in regards to tardiness, attendance, and dress code.
Serves as a positive ambassador to Golden Hill Health Care Center, residents, staff, visitors, and the community.
Work requires the knowledge of Physical Therapy normally acquired through a two-year degree from an accredited school for Physical Therapy Assistants. New York State license to practice or temporary New York State license. Must possess skills to effectively acquire pertinent information from patients’ charts and the patients, implement procedures, and document the effects of treatment. Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate accurately and precisely to patients and family members the instructions that may be necessary in the completion of a treatment program. Also, be able to identify changes in patient conditions and be able to communicate those changes to the appropriate supervisor.