Licensed Practical Nurse PART TIME EVENINGS
Opened in 1973, ArchCare at Ferncliff Nursing Home is located on 36 beautiful acres of the former Astor family estate just outside the historic village of Rhinebeck. Our goal is to provide the best possible experience through holistic care that addresses not only the residents' physical needs, but their social, psychological, emotional and spiritual needs as well.
The License Practical Nurse (LPN), under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) , provides direct resident care as delegated , and assist the RN in the delivery of resident care utilizing the nursing process as appropriate to the geriatric resident . Participants in resident care services as directed by supervisor in accordance with in-service training.
- Provides safe resident care, demonstrating knowledge and competency in completing assigned treatments and procedures according to established standards and policies. Maintains awareness of new updated standards and incorporates them into his/her nursing practice throughout the continuum of care.
- Participates in the improvement process of quality resident care.
- Incorporates age-specific needs, provision of care, procedures and treatments.
- Accurately completes routine tasks without the need for supervision. Is responsible for proper application of appropriate protective devices as instructed by RN or LPN i.e., heel booties, elbow protectors, mitts restraints; releases according to facility policy.
- Judgment/thinking reflects professional standards of care and practice and code of ethics in providing effective and safe resident outcomes.
- Communicates pertinent resident information and plan of acre before breaks, during transfer, and at shift report.
- Transcription of orders is accurate.
- Accurately administers medications according to the five rights of medication administration and documentation of same.
- Accurately performs treatments utilizing sterile or clean technique
- Accurately administers enteral feedings.
- Demonstrates the mission, vision, and values of Ferncliff Nursing Home through professional excellence.
- Completes resident care-related activities within scheduled shift time periods.
- Exercises calm behavior and uses professional judgment while working in a team approach during emergency situations.
- Cooperates with reassignments made in the interest of resident care.
- Assists colleagues.
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues.
- Professional conduct and behavior is exhibited by self-control, cooperative interaction with others, and acceptance of responsibility for own actions.
- Reports resident care problems and possible solutions to the appropriate nursing management personnel.
- Delegates tasks and assignments to appropriate staff within their scope of practice.
1 year prior Long Term Care and/or Acute Care experience preferred.