Full and Part Time Positions Available
DSP / Residential Coach 1st Shift
Abilities First, Inc., the Hudson Valley’s premiere provider of support services for individuals with developmental disabilities, has direct care positions available in the Poughkeepsie area. A CQL accredited organization, we are looking for staff who share our focus on person-centered planning in order to assist those we serve in realizing their goals while respecting and appreciating each individual’s unique values.
Residential Coach/DSP's perform a variety of tasks and activities in support of the full range of habilitative services provided to developmentally disabled individuals, including encouraging, guiding, and training individuals in developing daily living skills and habits, taking care of their personal needs, assuring community integration, ensuring the health and safety of individuals, and maintaining the services environment. Candidates must support our goal of person-centered excellence and have a high regard for respect and confidentiality.
Minimum 1 year experience will be required in programs requiring assistance to individuals with a higher medical, physical or behavioral need for support.
The following schedules are available in Dutchess County:
- Friday - Monday: 7am - 3pm (32 hours/wk)
- Friday - Monday: 7am - 5pm (40 hrs/wk)
- Sunday - Thursday: 7am - 3pm (40 hours/wk)
- Monday - Friday: 7am - 3pm (40 hours/wk)
- Saturday - Sunday: 7am - 3pm (16 hours/wk)
- Friday - Saturday: 9am-5pm (16 hours/wk)
Full time employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Four weeks paid vacation, plus paid sick time, holidays and personal time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 401(k) account with employer match
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Experience supporting individuals with developmental disabilities preferred - may be required for some positions
- Clean NYS driver’s license that is deemed “acceptable” by our insurance carrier (must be 21 yrs of age)
- SCIP-R, CPR, SFA, and Med Certification a plus. Ability to obtain these certifications required.
- Lifting and maneuvering of adult individuals required