- Full Time, Part Time
- 13.08-16.35 Hour
- P.O. Box 367, Staatsburg, NY 12580-0367
Optimize the Quality of Life for People with Autism
Direct Support Professionals-Children's Program
Optimize the Quality of Life For Individuals with Autism. The Direct Support Professional provides the appropriate therapeutically documented level of resident supervision and training to ensure and protect resident health and safety, while assisting residents to achieve increased independence through age appropriate, functional means. Under the general supervision of the Residence Manager, the Direct Support Professionals are the “core” of Anderson Center for Autism’s system of supports for individuals receiving services. The job of the DSP requires technical and values-based skills that make life-changing differences in the lives of the individuals they support.
- Provides Person-Centered Supports
- Builds and Maintains positive relationships
- Demonstrates Professionalism
- Supports good health (food prep, toileting, hygiene, etc.)
- Supports safety
- Promotes being active and productive in society
- High School Diploma/GED
- NYS Drivers License preferred
- Must be able to work 2nd or 3rds shifts and weekends
- Must complete two week orientation and maintain training or qualifications as they relate to Anderson Center for Autism
- Over 6 weeks paid time off your 1st year
- Raises for completion of competencies at 3mths, 12mths, and 18mths
- College partnerships that provide discounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Education Incentive Program
- 403B with company match
- Agency Sponsored activities (Volleyball, Bowling, etc)
- Medical, Dental, Vision etc.
- And much more, see link below
Anderson Center for Autism offers our Employees with a Generous Benefits Package: https://www.andersoncenterforautism.org/benefits
Exciting New Career opportunities, its not just a job, its a career: Click here for Career Tracks
Pay Rate $13.08-16.35 depending on education and experience.
This position description in no way states or implies that the responsibilities listed are the only duties to be performed by the person filling this position. The person in the position may be required to perform other duties as necessitated by the situation or requested by his/her supervisor.
Anderson Center for Autism is committed to provide a diverse workforce by ensuring that discrimination barriers to equal employment opportunity and upward mobility do not exist here. Equal opportunity means employment, development, and promotion of individuals without consideration of race, color, disability, religion, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or citizenship status, unless there is a bona fide occupational requirement which excludes a person in one of these protected groups. EOE