- Full Time, Part Time
- $15.00- $17.50 Hour
- P.O. Box 367, Staatsburg, NY 12580-0367
M-F weekends off, 7:30am-3:30pm
Day Habilitation Specialist (Dutchess and Ulster County)
Pay Range $15.00- $17.50 with increases for education (M-F no weekends 7:30am-3:30pm)
The Day Hab Specialist provides the appropriate therapeutically documented level of resident supervision and training to ensure and protect individual health and safety, while assisting individuals to achieve increased independence through age appropriate, functional means.
There are Day Hab facilities located throughout Ulster and Dutchess counties
The Day Hab Specialist is responsible:
- Working with the team to develop and implement an ISP that meets the requirements of OPWDD for each participant in their service delivery area.
- The DHS will also assist in the residential home and transport to one of the LifeLong Learning Centers located in either Pleasant Valley, Poughkeepsie, or Saugerties.
- The Day Hab Specialist will attend to the educational, physical, social, and emotional needs of residents, while assisting the team with the daily programming, data collection, supervision and safety of residents in an assigned service delivery area
- The Day Hab Specialist will work with all Anderson Center for Autism staff to ensure quality resident services are provided and supported at all times.
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Valid NYS Drivers License
- Must be 21 years old or older
- Must be capable at all times of initiating or assisting in all components of the crisis intervention of the agency
- Over 6 weeks paid time off your 1st year
- Raises for completion of competencies at 12mths, and 18mths
- College partnerships that provide discounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Education Incentive Program
- 403B with company match
- Agency Sponsored activities (Volleyball, Bowling, etc)
- Medical, Dental, Vision etc.
- And much more, see link below
Anderson Center for Autism offers our Employees with a Generous Benefits Package: https://www.andersoncenterforautism.org/benefits
This position description in no way states or implies that the responsibilities listed are the only duties to be performed by the person filling this position. The person in the position may be required to perform other duties as necessitated by the situation or requested by his/her supervisor.
Anderson Center for Autism is committed to provide a diverse workforce by ensuring that discrimination barriers to equal employment opportunity and upward mobility do not exist here. Equal opportunity means employment, development, and promotion of individuals without consideration of race, color, disability, religion, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or citizenship status, unless there is a bona fide occupational requirement which excludes a person in one of these protected groups. EOE
Keyword Search: ADD, ADHD, Autism, Cognitive, CNA, Direct Care, Direct Support, Evenings, Human Services, Overnights, Residential Counselor, Special Needs, Treatment Team, health care, home care, PCA, HHA, Behavioral