Your search resulted in 1 "Agriculture" jobs in Hudson Valley, NY. Save Job SearchSave SearchSave Job Search: Agriculture
Ever wanted to work in a 150 year-old castle? Mohonk Mountain House is the Hudson Valley’s most iconic resort, and we have a place for you! Our jobs range from career positions with room to advance, to seasonal opportunities that are perfect for entry-level summer work, and everything in between.
The resort features a wide range of work: cooking, serving, reservations, housekeeping, spa attendants and massage, gardening, security, facilities and grounds maintenance, accounting, sales, recreation, and so much more. In addition to a fun and exciting work environment, our associates have access to our trails, golf course and tennis courts, canoes, kayaks, and more.
Mohonk Mountain House has been owned and operated by the Smiley family for five generations. When you join our team, you become part of the Mohonk family.
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide regular maintenance and upkeep of various landscapes and gardens located throughout the property.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Cultivate, plant, transplant, water, stake, prune, dead-head, weed, rake, edge, mulch, harvest and attend to landscapes, small trees, groundcovers, shrubs, pathways, and annual/perennial plants.
- Haul garden debris, clear brush, and remove litter.
- Use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, forks, hoes, wheelbarrows, sprayers, hoses, and other garden tools to prepare and maintain garden beds.
- Inspect and take corrective action for plant diseases, pests, and wildlife damage.
- Work with staff to maintain the integrity of assigned landscape areas.
- Inspect, clean, and maintain tools and equipment in good working order.
- Learn and maintain a basic level of horticultural and plant knowledge.
- Stoop and lift a 30 lb. object from ground level to overhead, stand, bend, reach, lift, kneel, walk, climb ladders and go up and down stairs.
- Inspect the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 3-4 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 100 pounds from ground level to 36 inches with/ without assistance. Walk up to 7 miles per day.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work outdoors and expose self to natural elements including rain, heat, wind, weather extremes, pollen, and insects.
- Wear Proper Protective Equipment when performing tasks that recommend such equipment.
- Insure safety of guests, employees and self, anywhere on the property.
- Operate vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- Monitor and evaluate work-related conditions to determine compliance with prescribed operating, safety regulations and Department guidelines.
- Inform supervisor of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Interact with fellow staff and guests in a professional, courteous method.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Previous landscaping or gardening experience preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Full Time
- Attn: Personnel, New Paltz, NY 12561