- Full Time
- 1500 S Avenue K Station 21, Portales, NM 88130
Title V Project Activity Coordinator
Note: This position is funded through a grant from the US Department of Education and is subject to funding approval each year from the US Department of Education for this position's continuation.
The Project Assistant reports to the Title V Project Director. This individual will coordinate faculty and staff professional development in grant-related issues (cultural sensitivity, cultural awareness, divers learning styles, populations with special needs, etc.) and enhance multicultural and diversity awareness of the ENMU campus. Collaboration with grant personnel on both campuses is an expectation of the job. Additional responsibilities relating to enhancing teacher education will require collaboration with staff, Education faculty and key offices on both ENMU's and CCCs campus. The Project Assistant will collaborate with all grant personnel to assure goal and objective attainment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with communicating project purposes and efforts to faculty, staff and community. • Coordinate grant-related professional development activities including workshops in cultural diversity, learning styles, special needs populations, and other grant-related topics.
• Work with both campuses to strengthen the teacher education outreach and retention of education students to degree completion.
• As part of the teacher education activity, work to enhance information flow between the campuses regarding the education program, transfer, and degree requirements.
• Create databases that track professional development efforts and participant satisfaction.
• Prepare, as needed, reports or logs of activities, contacts, and grant-related efforts.
• Support the mission and philosophy of the Title V grant and of Eastern New Mexico University.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Bachelor's degree required and four years' experience in higher education; demonstrated organizational, communication and collaborative skills. Experience working with multicultural/diversity issues and/or teacher education programs desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
• Ability to communicate effectively (English/Spanish preferred), both orally and in writing
• Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
• Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with faculty, staff, students, and administrators at both institutions Working Conditions:
Physical Demand and Working Conditions:
• Work is performed during normal work hours but may require evening and weekend hours to meet set deadlines
• Work is sedentary in nature that at times requires exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects Additional Information:
Application Review Date: Open Until Filled
Condition of Employment: Must pass a pre-employment background check.
Required Documents: Please ensure that you attach all required documents even if you have applied for other positions at ENMU as the committee does not have access to those records.
Letter of interest
Contact information for three references (Blind reference calls may be made on applicants who become a finalist for the position)
Transcripts (unofficial for application purposes)
ENMU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status in its programs, activities, or employment. People seeking additional information about the University's non-discrimination policy should contact the Affirmative Action Officer Jessica Small at (575) 562-2218,. Individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation can call the office of human resources at (575) 562-2115. For any other inquires please contact Human Resources at (575) 562-2115 or e-mail ENMU.HRrecruiter@enmu.edu