Share with friends:
Videographer - Spectrum NetworksSpectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment! Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant, timely news that's important to the local communities we serve.
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a growing organization, home of 27 Local News Channels nationwide and 9 Local/Regional Sports Channels, inclusive of 3 Los Angeles based Sports Networks. Spectrum Networks is the news and sports division of Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR), the leading broadband communications company and the second-largest cable operator in the United States.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays. The network is currently focused on the morning news, which means your day will start in the middle of the night, but it also means your workday will end around noon (most days).
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: Spectrum Networks is looking for a talented, experienced Photojournalist that can execute flawlessly under live and ENG environments. The ENG Photojournalist Department is responsible for a wide variety of shoots including commercial shoots, features, live ENG and press conference coverage, sit-down interviews, documentaries and more. As a Photojournalist, the operator must be able to set up and operate a wide variety of professional equipment while under pressure and intense deadlines. Los Angeles area knowledge is highly preferred.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Shooting, lighting and producing media events, interviews and feature in both a sports and news environment
- Adjust, troubleshoot and operate electronic equipment used to record, edit and transmit television and/or multimedia content
- Monitor incoming and outgoing signals to ensure high production values and standards are met
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues in the field
- Compress, digitize, duplicate and store audio and video data using non-linear editing equipment
- Perform minor repairs and routine cleaning of audio and video equipment
- Create, maintain and update relevant documentation and paperwork relating to camera inventories and maintenance
- Administrative duties include proper timecard entry, generating daily email reports and communicating with management/assignment desk on a daily basis
- Gathering sound from press conferences for team partners and news events as assigned
- Shooting and editing video for all studio shows and programming initiatives
- Transporting and taking proper care of equipment
- Acting professionally and remaining a positive force in a team environment
- Operating all assigned equipment properly and efficiently with little or no supervision in the field
- Participating in on-going training programs and initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Adjust, troubleshot and operate electronic equipment used to record, edit and transmit television and/or multimedia content
- Hands-on experience with ENG video camera packages required such as the Sony Z280, EX-1, F55 & F800
- Familiarity with wired and wireless microphones, audio mixers, IFB systems and signal flow
- Familiarity with bonded cellular transmission such as LiveU, TVU 7 Dejero
- Familiarity with proper lighting techniques and able to set up interview locations while facing deadlines and other challenges as presented in the field
- Experience with cloud based file transfer (ex. Latakoo)
- Familiarity working with Dalet/Adobe Premier preferred
- Proficient knowledge and understanding fo video/audio signal flow in the field
- Edit experience highly desired
- Flexible schedule and ability to work when called upon
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Communications, Broadcasting, Radio/TV/Film, Engineering
- 5+ years of equivalent/relevant work experience
- Travel depending upon project needs; will be responsible for transporting gear to events around Los Angeles
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation