Share with friends:
Systems Engineer III - Provisioning PlatformJOB SCOPE
Systems Engineer III is a member of our Systems & Application Operations Department and will provide day to day operational support for the national provisioning systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide day to day operational support for the national provisioning systems.
- Duties includes break/fixes, upgrades, installations and monitoring of the Provisioning System.
- Support Java Application and Container based Application for national provisioning system.
- UNIX System Administration.
- Automate manual processes using Python/Ansible.
- Role will include on-call duties as assigned. Consistent with a 24 X 7 Operations environment, periodic cell phone availability will be necessary to respond to escalated issues.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of engineering work experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of Unix and Tomcat / Weblogic experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with managing Java applications.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience Scripting and/or programming skills (Shell, Perl, Ansible, Python & WLST).
- Support of large scale services on a Unix platform.
- Experience with systems and services designed to support multi-million customer counts is highly desired.
- Familiarity with the tasks involved in the day-to-day operation, monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Experience supporting Apache Mesos / Mesosphere.
- Ideally two (2) years of Splunk experience.
- Experience supporting Oracle SOA Suite 11g.
- Knowledge of AppDynamics.
- Experience supporting Apache Tomcat and/or ActiveMQ .