Share with friends:
Systems Engineer II – SplunkJob Scope
The Systems Engineer II (Splunk Environment) is responsible for assisting in design, development, and implementation of the enterprise-wide Splunk architecture, both hardware and software applications as well as their associated operating systems and databases.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- As a systems engineer II, this role is not only to provide the highest level of expertise to the Splunk environment but to offer your skills to other team members in a non-management, SME role.
- Provide guidance on technical decisions for support
- Collaborate on design and implementation for internal application customers with team members
- Provide team members with training on new applications and designs for their respective responsibilities
- Development and document standards, process and procedures for forethinking operational efficiencies on the Splunk network
- Provide end to end network management and support for the enterprise Splunk deployment.
- Provide cutting edge solutions for internal customer applications
- Working closely with other teams and collaborating with other team members
- Planning and implementing future developments on all OSS platform deployed applications
- Second level support and problem resolution for all major outage or complicated technical challenges that may arise on any OSS platform related application.
- Work closely with team management and principle engineering on all architectural decisions
- Work in a team environment and collaborative role with other members of the OSS platform team as well as selected vendors to provide state of the art long term, technical solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and work experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of Systems Engineering experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with Splunk and large database repository environments
- At least two (2) years of hands-on experience in developing and supporting carrier grade database architectures
- Experience working with the following technologies: Splunk, Unix/Linux [RedHat/CentOS], PERL, SQL, IP networking protocols, Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Experience with one or more of the following applications: Network routing, network switching, DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, LDAP, load balancing, disaster recovery, scaling and sizing for network bandwidth utilization.
- Experience working within Telecommunications and cable industry
- Certification in Splunk applications: Splunk architect/admin/power user
- Oracle or database admin certification
- Vendor related network certifications
- Graduate degree or high level of technical certifications