Share with friends:
Security Specialist II - Security Operations AnalystJOB SCOPE
Responsible for responding to abuse complaints against customers; perform security and customer support services under general supervision. Ensure consistent treatment of customers accused of violating Charter's Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP) regarding High Speed Data customer services. Interact with the customer base to assist in resolving security incidents and concerns.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enforces security policies and procedures by administering and monitoring security profiles, reviews security violation reports and investigates possible security exceptions, updates, and maintains and documents security controls
- Responsible for the tracking and monitoring of security programs
- Prepares status reports on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures
- Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications
- Involves in the evaluation of products and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness
- Provides direct support to the business and IT staff for security related issues
- Educates the business about security policies and consults on security issues regarding user built/managed systems
- Represents the security needs of the organization by providing expertise and assistance in all IT projects with regard to security issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum two (2) years of Network Security Operations experience
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and applications, security issues, techniques, tools and implications
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively and work in a team environment, sharing workloads and responsibilities, at times taking a lead role
- Produce metric reports on security initiatives
- Customer service oriented
- Understands a sense of urgency
- At least one of the following: Network+, advanced degree, or equivalent certification
- Experience with investigation of security incidents, understanding of application vulnerabilities, experience consulting with users on AUP Violations, security incident response and security policy, and interaction with law enforcement agencies on security incidents or breaches.
- Experience with development of security tools and analysis of logs and network data collection.
- Familiarity with developing/maintaining security policies, procedures, and incident response activities.
- Advanced knowledge of current and emerging security threats and vulnerabilities
- Working knowledge of IT security protocols and standards, commercial and open source network security products and services and best practices