Share with friends:
Principal Engineer I - Telephony Systems and Virtualization EngiJOB SCOPE
Responsible for effective installation/configuration, provisioning, operations, monitoring, and maintenance of on premise Cloud Infrastructure supporting voice applications and customer-facing environments. Participate and engage as part of a cross functional team to support the initiatives of the department and our customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively work with System Engineers, Principal Engineers, Project Managers, Developers and Management to provide timely execution, support, planning, implementation and increased uptimes of business systems.
- Analyze and improve complete system life-cycle management solution for operating systems and servers.
- Support and maintain current systems for Cloud Infrastructure including Compute, Virtualization, and Storage.
- Participate in architecture discussions with peer and senior engineers to ensure Cloud Infrastructure is supporting business needs.
- Applicant must be able to participate effectively on team and enterprise projects
- Applicant must know or quickly learn the technical and business working environment through initiative and direction from senior staff and/or peers.
- Candidate must be available for occasional evening/weekend system maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical field, or relevant work professional experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years of related work experience in VMware ESXi administration or engineering in a clustered host environment
- Minimum of six (6) years of related work experience with Cisco server hardware and management such as UCS Manager, UCS Central, UCS Director
- Minimum of six (6) years experience with Compute platforms including Rack Mount and Blade based technologies
- Minimum of six (6) years experience with Fiber Channel and Ethernet switching networks
- Minimum of five (5) years experience supporting enterprise storage solutions, developing storage migration designs and overseeing large migrations between data centers
- Experience with the following; Unix and RHEL systems administration including SAN, NAS, Fiber Channel, NFS, S3, and Block Storage
- Large Virtual Deployments using SAN and NAS storage solutions-Compute in a Cloud Environment using Rack Mount and Blade Servers
- Experience and certifications with VMware / Cisco technologies and products, this also includes VMWare vRealize Suite (Operations Manager, Log Insight, Network Insight), and vSphere Platform Experience with VMware vSphere and vCenter upgrades (vSphere 5.5 to 6.x), and also enterprise storage / backup solutions (VMAX/Pure/Net App/Rubrix
- Experience with VMware vSAN 6.x implementation, administration, and maintenance
- Experience with Cisco UCS 5108 Chassis with B series and C series servers; deployment and maintenance including firmware and driver installation
- Experience with Cisco and Brocade storage switches and Cisco fiber interconnects
- Strong analytic and research skills
- Familiar with information system architecture to include systems, storage, networking components.
- Has extensive knowledge of existing industry standards, technologies and infrastructure operations.
- Familiar with SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle) with planning, creating, testing, and deploying new or previously deployed application instances.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, and similar tools) is a plus.
- Experience with scripting tools (Linux Shell, Powershell, PowerCLI, Python) is a plus.
- Industry certifications such as ITIL, etc. a plus