Share with friends:
Principal Engineer II – IP Video DeliveryJOB SCOPE
Seeking an experienced systems administrator to support advanced engineering and operational responsibilities for Charter’s STVA IP Delivery platforms. Will be responsible for operational and engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's content delivery hardware, software and systems. Works closely with other network operations staff on system design, engineering, configuration and operation. Recognized as a technical and design expert. Leads design teams and advises team leaders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's telecommunications and content delivery hardware, software, and electrical systems.
- Design and deploy network protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, and VLANs. Utilize staging/lab environment to validate test plans and configurations before service deployment.
- Direct support in Maintenance window for new/critical deployments to ensure process and procedures are properly written and deliver the expected results
- Develop test cases and use cases in efforts to meet business needs and enhance the customer experience as well as provide a high-level of engineering technical documents and support to operational personnel.
- Ensure all technical integration, changes, standards and documentation are met.
- Troubleshooting client streaming issues using packet capture tools including Wireshark. Develop automation scripts for platform testing and deployment support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of Systems / Server Administration of CentOS/Linux UNIX.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of Network Engineering experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with either or both Chef/Puppet
- Expert level knowledge and experience in the creation of original tools using one or more of the following scripting languages: bash, perl, python, or go; python and perl preferred.
- Solid knowledge and ability to perform ABR video delivery analysis and effectively communicate data analysis results to leadership and group environments (verbal and written).
- Deep level understanding of ABR Streaming methodologies, HLS, DASH (ts and iso) HSS (Smooth streaming)
- Superior level knowledge of Digital Rights Management solutions for Charter’s ABR video streaming solution
- Extensive knowledge of (Linux, Unix, Encoders, Packagers, Content Delivery Networks, control and back office systems)
- Highly skilled Infrastructure knowledge (Raw Iron/bare metal, Steel Cloud, ElasticCloud, OpenStack, AWS)
- Skilled at troubleshooting network issues using packet capture tools including Wireshark.
- Preparing systems integration and test certification reports, generating test reports, MOPs and bug reports.
- High level knowledge in using ticketing and software tools such as: Remedy, Incident portal, Jira, Service Now etc.
- Adept at mapping mid-stream altercations and additions to requirements to in-flight work and summarizing impacts.
- Ability to operate independently with occasional oversite.
- Travel as occasions demand to meet the business needs.
- Prior experience working as project technical lead and a demonstrated history of training more junior technical staff.
- Excellent written and verbal skills - Uses clear, concise, technically accurate language in describing events and challenges.
- Assembles concise, understandable analysis and clearly identifies facts and opinion