Share with friends:
Network Engineer IV - Core & Backbone OpticalJOB SCOPE
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to millions of users across the country. The Network Operations team is responsible for the implementation of approved network architecture and designs. The Network Engineer IV- Optical leads in the planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of resource requirements for network systems of high complexity. As a member of the team, you will design and establish network enhancements while following corporate standards. You will be sought after for recommendations for improvement and lead in staff development efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Experience in managing optical transport platforms service gateways (i.e. Cisco ONS, Infinera DTN / DTNx / Flex, Ciena).
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Leads in the development and documentation of technical standards and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Designs corporate standards and develops network enhancements
- Lead network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Works on one or more projects as a team leader.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Acts as a mentor to junior staff
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum six (6) years of network engineering experience
- Minimum four (4) years of experience with Cisco and Ciena
- Minimum four (4) years of data network experience
- Solid knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.). Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Advanced knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology.
- Experience and knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the operations, and network designing software.
- Ability to work in a team environment, perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Ciena, Infinera, Nokia, Fujitsu etc.)
- Knowledge of company products and service