Share with friends:
Network Engineer IV - CBO Data CenterJOB SCOPE
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to millions of users across the country. The NE IV leads in the planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of resource requirements for network systems of varying (moderate to high) complexity. Follows corporate standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement. Responsible for implementation of approved network architecture and designs. Leads in staff development efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with firewalls; ASA and SRX
- Experience load balancing; F5 and A10
- Highly skilled in Network Operations
- Proactively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Leads in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Implements approved methods of procedure.
- Implements and assists in designing corporate standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, regularly as a project team lead.
- Acts as a mentor to junior staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum six (6) years network engineering experience
- Minimum four (4) years experience with Cisco and/or Juniper
- At least four (4) years of Data network experience
- Ability to produce MOPS and BOMS
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Experience with network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
- Experience with network devices and basic network appliances
- Strong experience with network designing software, such as Visio
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP or CCIE)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)