Share with friends:
Network Engineer I - DOCSIS CapacityJOB SCOPE
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to millions of users across the country. The Network Engineering team is responsible for the implementation of approved network architecture and designs. Under limited supervision, the Network Engineer I - DOCSIS assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of resource requirements for network systems of basic complexity. As a member of the team, you will develop and implement network enhancements while following corporate standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of resource requirements for network systems of basic complexity.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Contributes in designing corporate standards and develops network enhancements
- Hands on involvement in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Provides tier support across organizations
- Knows, understands and follows company policy, also adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum one (1) year of network engineering experience
- Minimum one (1) year of experience with Cisco and/or Juniper
- Minimum one (1) year of Data network experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Basic knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Single mode Fiber, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols.
- Basic knowledge of in-network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology, TCP/IP and the OSI Model.
- Ability to use ticketing and software tools to support the current operations.
- Knowledge of basic network devices and basic network appliances, network designing software; such as Visio.
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly, able to use personal computer and software application, including Microsoft Office, and work in a team environment
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.).
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)