Share with friends:
Advanced Video Engineer IV - Video OperationsJOB SCOPE
The Advanced Video Engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting, resolving and documenting issues within a large, customer-facing, broadband network environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Basic configuration and support of advanced video equipment (e.g. VOD, controllers, multiplexing, digital transport, edge QAM).
- Work with Engineering to design and test system designs.
- Develop, design and implement electronic systems including audio, video and other multimedia equipment.
- Identify, resolve and escalate as required operational and design issues through data analysis and recommend solutions to make systems more efficient.
- Work with the field on the implementation of network related projects and other standardization efforts.
- Work with vendors and Engineering to resolve issues and design flaws.
- Perform detailed problem diagnosis, track and update problems in trouble ticketing system.
- Develop problem resolution procedures required to meet serviceability requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and or / equivalent work experience
- Minimum Five (5) years of CATV and/or video delivery/transport systems experience
- Minimum Five (5) years of experience with IP and MPEG Protocol Analyzers
- Minimum Six (6) years of engineering work experience
- Expert Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Expert Knowledge of Microsoft Visio or equivalent design software
- Knowledge of Arris (DAC) and/or CISCO (DNCS) video delivery systems
- Knowledge of network access and element management systems and their protocols (SMNP, NMS, Syslog, SSH, Telnet, etc.)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCTI, SCTE, BCT/E)
- Project management good to have.
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent certification or networking familiarity