Share with friends:
Advanced Video Engineer IV - Core VideoJOB SCOPE
Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's video encoding (Linear and STVA/OTT) systems. This a multi-tier design/development & support role that interacts with Video Product & Video Operations Teams, CPE manufacturers, and Supply Chain to provide video solutions. The role is responsible for setting the technical architecture and development direction across a set of internal business applications, leading cross functional technical development teams, delivering business critical projects while maintaining high morale, managing the operational activities in an efficient and professional manner and ensuring all team targets are met as advised by Video Operations leadership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's video encoding (Linear and STVA/OTT) systems
- Basic configuration and support of advanced video equipment (e.g. VOD, controllers, multiplexing, digital transport, and edge QAM)
- Responsible for setting the technical architecture and development direction across a set of internal business applications, leading cross functional technical development teams, delivering business critical projects.
- Work with Engineering to design and test system designs
- Develop, design and implement electronic systems including audio, video and other multimedia equipment.
- Work with the field on the implementation of video network related projects.
- Work with vendors and Engineering to resolve issues and design flaws.
- Perform detailed problem diagnosis, track and update problems in trouble ticketing system
- Develop problem resolution procedures required to meet serviceability requirements
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum six (6) years network engineering experience
- Minimum four (4) years of experience working within an MSO environment
- Minimum four (4) years of video operations and video signal acquisition experience
- Minimum four (4) years of project management experience
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with Video encoding, transcoding/encoding, multiplexing, and modulation and acquisition, using such equipment as: MediaKind AVP2 & 4K, Muse, SPR & C2, Harmonic Prostream, Ion, Electra X2, 8K and XOS, Ateme Titan, Imagine Selenio and Selenio Flex, RGB VSG, Cisco DCMs, Arris CAP/DM6400 Cherry Pickers, BMRs, BNPs, APEX1k-3k, IRDs and common cable CPE
- Advanced knowledge of Video Compression: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H264, HEVC, J2K, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Audio Compression: Dolby AC3, Dolby Digital Plus, AAC, etc.
- Knowledge of IGMP, IP multicast, API, (BASH), VOD, IPTV, cloud encoding, packaging for live streaming (HLS).
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Understanding of IP networking, TCP/IP protocols, Routing and Switching
- Experience with network and element management systems, Arris (DAC) and/or CISCO (DNCS) video delivery systems
- Experience in managing optical transport platforms service gateways (i.e. Cisco ONS, Infinera DTN / DTNx / Flex, Ciena).
- Solid knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Ability to work with and lead cross functional teams including Product, Operations, IT, Care, etc.
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCTI, SCTE, BCT/E