Who We Are
RegionalHelpWanted.com and JobShop.ca operate a network of 460 local job boards across the US and Canada.
We offer easy, efficient, and cost effective ways to recruit new employees locally. Our local job boards are promoted by constant advertising on area radio stations.
To learn more, please visit www.RegionalHelpWanted.com.
To find the site(s) nearest where you are looking to recruit, please click here.
General Job Posting Information
- Each job posting appears on the site for 30 consecutive days. You may elect to take your posting down before the completion of the 30 days, however there are no refunds for unused days. You may extend your job posting (in 30 day increments) up to 1 year.
- You have unlimited characters/words to use. We recommend that you take this opportunity to adequately describe your company and the open position. Sell the job seeker on why they should want to work for your company.
- You may select up to 3 categories that apply to the position from a list of over 120 possible categories.
- You may elect to receive applicant resumes via email and store the responses in the applicant tracking system that we provide OR have us direct applicants to your own website to apply, using your own applicant tracking system.
- Job postings DO NOT automatically renew. If you need to extend your job posting, please log in to your account and click on the green "Renew" button next to the job title or contact your Account Executive or Customer Service Representative. Otherwise, the posting will be automatically removed from the site when it's time is up.
Job Posting Form - Information and FAQs
To post a job, begin by signing in to your account and clicking "Post a New Job" or "Rerun an Archived Job". The job posting form contains 3 steps.
Step 1 - Job Details
Contains "Company Name Display", "Job Posting Text", and "Application Options". Complete this step and click "Continue" at the bottom of the page.
Step 2 - Schedule Posting
Preview your job posting, select the number of days you would like your posting to run (in increments of 30) and select your method of payment. You can choose to pay by credit card or invoice (a $15 invoice fee will apply).
Step 3 - Maximize Applicants / Finalize Posting
Page 1 - Choose from additional products to increase exposure. If you select any additional products, choose your method of payment, otherwise click "Continue" at the bottom of the page.
Page 2 - This page contains "Job Categories" - select up to 3, "Workplace" - provide job location and select between "Traditonal Workplace", "Travel", or "Telecommute", "Availability / Schedule (Optional)", and "Compensation (Optional)". Complete this step and click "Finish" at the bottom of the page to complete your job posting.
How do I post my job to one of your other local job board sites?
At the very top of Step 1, you will notice a dropdown containing your primary site next to the words, "This job posting will appear on". If you click the drop down, you will see several of our other regional job boards that you can select - this list contains sites that you have posted to before (if applicable) and/or the closest geographical sites. Don't see the site you are looking to post to in this list? Click on "More sites..." at the bottom of the list to be brought to our site search modual. Here you can search through all of our sites to select the one that you want to post to.
How do I post my job to multiple sites?
Begin by posting your job on your primary site by completing Steps 1 and 2. On Step 3, titled "Maximize Applicants", click on the blue text that reads "Show Additional Regions". This will display a list of other sites that you have posted to before (if applicable) and/or the closest geographical sites. If you do not see the site you are trying to post to, you can keep expanding this list until all of our local job board sites are displayed by clicking "Show Additional Regions". Select the sites that you would like to post this job to, then complete this step. Your job will now be posted to the site selected in Step 1, and all of the additional sites selected in Step 3.
How do I add an email address or change the email address where applicant resumes are to be sent?
On Step 1, under "Application Options", then "Application Settings", select "Accept applications on this website. (recommended)". When this is selected, applicant resumes will be emailed to the primary email address on the account by default. When you complete the job posting form, you will get to a confirmation page that also contains an orange button that reads, "Update notification settings". Clicking that button will allow you to add an email address, or change the email address that is set to receive applicant resumes. You can also click on the blue envelope icon located next to the job title to update notification settings at any time.
How do I direct applicants to apply through my own online hiring software/applicant tracking system?
On Step 1, under "Application Options", then "Application Settings", select "Direct potential applicants to use your online hiring software". When this is selected, a field will be displayed where you will provide the website address (URL). When your job is posted, clicking the blue "Apply Now" button on your posting will direct potential applicants to the URL entered here. We recommend that you provide the URL that takes the applicant directly to the application form on your site for that particular job opening, as opposed to a general careers page where additional navigation would be required.
Sign In to Your Account
Click on the "Sign In" button located in the top right corner of almost any page on the site.
Please note that this defaults to the "Job Seeker Sign In" page. Look to the right side of the page under the heading "Looking to Hire?" for a green "Sign In" button and click there.
Enter your Account Number OR the primary Email Address on the account AND your Account Password.
Click on the green "Sign In" button.
Forgotten Password Reset
Several features and functions require you to sign in with your Email (or Account Number) and Password. The requirement protects your account. Anytime we ask for your password we provide a link: “Forgot your password?” Click the link to reset the password. This will require access to the email associated with your account.
Change Email Address
Sign in to your account.
Under “Manage Account”, choose “Update Account Information”.
Click the “Change” button where your email address is listed. You’ll need your password to change your email address. (This protects you if you leave a computer with your browser opened on your account.)
Enter the new email address.
If you are looking to change the email address where applicant resumes will be sent for a specific job posting, click on the blue envelope icon located next to the job title.
Search the Resume Database
Sign in to your account.
Under “Employer Toolbox”, choose “Search Job Seeker Resumes”.
Access to search the Resume Database is included with any Job Pack or Unlimited Posting Plan purchase. You can also purchase access as a stand alone product or as an add-on to a single job posting. Please allow 24 hours from time of purchase for access to be granted.
If you would like more information on how to use the Resume Database Search Tool, please watch the following instructional videos on our YouTube Channel:
Resume Database Search Walkthrough - Part 1 (Basic)
Resume Database Search Walkthrough - Part 2 (Advanced)
Screen Your Applicants
Applicant Screening Questions can be utilized with any job advertisement placed with us.
- A quick and easy way to filter out unqualified applicants.
- Integrates with our applicant tracking system to sort your applicants based on how they respond.
- Best of all, this feature is free!
Sign in to your account and place your ad(s).
Under "Current Jobs", click on the "?" icon next to the job ad.
Type out your question, select a response type, and click "Save Question".
Click on the blue "up arrow" icon next to your saved question to select it for use with this ad (maximum of 5 questions per ad).
Your questions are saved to your account and can be selected for use with any ad. Your applicants can be sorted by how they responded to your question(s) (only applicable with yes/no type questions).
If you would like more information on how to use Applicant Screening Questions, please watch the following instructional video on our YouTube Channel:
View Your Account Statement / Pay an Invoice
Sign in to your account.
Under “Manage Account”, choose “Account Statement - Current balance, print invoices”.
Your Account Statement page will display recent transactions and payments, the billing address we have on file for you, and the address where you can mail your payment. You can also download our W-9 form, print an invoice, and pay an invoice.
Unable to View a Resume?
If you are unable to view the resume of an applicant, please take the following steps:
- Be sure that your internet browser supports viewing .pdf files. If you need assistance with this step, please contact your IT department or see this help topic from Adobe.
- Under "Resume Options", choose "Download as PDF". Navigate to the download location of the resume on your computer and open the file with your .pdf viewing software of choice.
- Under "Resume Options", choose "Download Resume (Original Format)". Navigate to the download location of the resume on your computer and open the file. The original format of a resume may vary, though the most common formats are .doc and .docx and can be opened with Microsoft Word or a similar program.
If you still are unable to view the resume after following the above steps, please email EmployerSupport@RegionalHelpWanted.com and include the following information:
- Your Account Number
- The Job Title
- The Name and/or Email Address of the Applicant
Unable to Receive Emails from Us?
If you are not receiving emails notifying you when there is a new applicant to your job posting, please take the following steps:
- Please check your email account’s “Spam” or “Junk” folders. If the email ended up there, you may be able to right-click on the email, or otherwise find the option to “Mark as good”, “Add sender to Safe Senders List”, “Add sender to white-list” or similar. Doing this will help ensure you receive emails from us in the future.
- Please check that your job posting has been properly set-up to send emails upon submission of a new applicant resume and that your email address has been spelled correctly. On step 1 of the job posting form under "Application Options", then "Application Settings", select "Accept applications on this website. (recommended)". When this is selected, applicant resumes will be emailed to the primary email address on the account by default. To change this, click on the blue envelope icon located next to the job title.
- Please add “email@example.com” to your “Safe Senders List”. How to do this will depend upon the email service provider and/or program that you use. You may want to seek the help of your IT person for this step, though performing a Google search like “Safe Senders List Outlook” or “Safe Senders List Gmail” should yield simple instructions for you to follow on how to accomplish this.
- If you are still unable to receive emails from us, please contact Customer Service by calling (800)365-8630 ext. 1 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Display your Job Postings on any website
If you would like to have the jobs you have posted with us displayed on your own company website, simply follow these steps:
- Sign in to your account.
- Click on "Employer Toolbox", located on the left hand side of the page.
- Click on "Display your Job Postings on any website".
- Locate the two lines of code and provide them to your webmaster. The first line of code is to be added to the location on your website where you would like the jobs to be displayed. The second line of code is to be added just before the closing </body> tag of your website.
Once completed, all of the jobs you have posted with us will now be displayed on your website as well! This is updated in real time, so if you delete a job from our site it will come down from your site as well. Please note that jobs posted as "Confidential" will NOT be displayed on your site.