At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Reporting to the Sr. Category Manager, IT, the Category Lead position is a role within the Procurement and Supplier Management department. This position would be a great fit for an individual who is tech-savvy and has experience with procuring products and services for wireless core networks. The successful candidate will work closely with Business Partners to meet their needs in a timely fashion while helping them manage total cost of ownership and risk. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the delivery of savings targets in line with the savings methodology and maintain key supplier relationships. He/she will lead the development of, agreement to, and execution of Category Strategies. Technical knowledge of wireless, wireline and/or IT networks is considered an asset. Knowledge of sourcing and contracts is preferred.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leads and ensures delivery of category strategy, spend and saving targets
- Leads and owns relationships at with key Category Suppliers
- Provides inputs into the savings methodology process and sets, maintains and reports against annual targets
- Driving Total Cost of Ownership reduction for the category and uses price modeling
- Identifies issues that could have an impact on the Category Strategies
- Leads negotiation and conclusion of contracts with suppliers over major agreements working with Legal and internal stakeholders to ensure business requirements are met
- Accountable for managing relationships with and monitoring performance of key suppliers
- Ensures key supplier performance and relationships are optimized by working with Supplier Management teams where appropriate and required
- Understands and communicates strategic pressures shaping market and supplier behaviour
- Champions Procurement and Supplier Management as a great place to work across Rogers internally and externally, including the identification, development and rotation of capable resources
- Responsible for defining innovative Category strategies
- Executes performance improvements on specific opportunities identified within category with the support of Supplier Management
- Has a clear stakeholder engagement approach supported where required with a clear communication plan
- Has ability to effectively influence stakeholders and external suppliers
What you have:
- University/post-secondary degree required
- Has at least 3 years relevant experience of working in the telecom or comparative industry preferably in an IT Software or Infrastructure role, or leading an IT category in a procurement setting
- A confident communicator and has experience with delivering presentations to C-level executives and is able to achieve desired results through influencing capabilities
- A track record of delivering on challenging targets
- Demonstrates the ability to be resilient when faced with opposition, has a solutionist mentality
- Works collaboratively with members of their team and stakeholders across the business and seeks input as needed
- Proven ability in developing business cases and formulating recommendations both written and verbally to influence decisions
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills are required, as well as excellent attention to accuracy and detail
- Experience with leading negotiations and contractual agreements
- Proven ability to be adaptable in a fast paced, consistently changing environment
- Educated to MBA / Degree level in an engineering, business, finance or supply chain related subject or equivalent industry experience
- Relevant role in another telecom operator is an advantage or a comparative role in another industry
- Technical knowledge of procuring products and services for a wireless core network
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to provide employment references and successfully complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.