Innovative - Adventurous - Genuine - Focused - Let's Go!
Residential Sales Associate
Drive residential sales opportunities to provide individual consumers with basic services such as telephone, internet, home security and cable TV through door-to-door calling and networking throughout the community. Residential Sales Associates will network with apartment managers, local builders, insurance agents and realtors to drive referrals and increase sales.
Visit www.MidcoCareers.com/ResidentialSalesAssociate to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
- Identify individual customer’s current and potential product needs and make recommendations. Increase the customers understanding of Midco products and pricing options.
- Possess strong knowledge of product features, benefits, pricing, and campaigns for cable TV, high-speed internet, phone and home security in an effort to sell and upsell to new and existing customers by knocking on doors within territory.
- Work targeted sales campaigns and addresses to drive results.
- Accurately set up accounts for new customers, prepare work orders for installs, repairs, and other customer transactions.
- Maintain and update turf management plan without assistance, able to work independently.
- Build and maintain strong relationships based on trust and mutual respect with potential and existing customers within your department and community.
- Apply a positive customer service attitude in interactions with all customer and establish positive rapport.
- Meet or exceed defined sales goals (weekly, monthly, yearly, etc.).
- Follow up with customers in a timely manner, if necessary.
- Be patient and understanding in all customer interactions.
- Dress in a professional manner to positively represent Midco’s image throughout the community.
- Clearly explain and demonstrate equipment connectivity and functionality.
- Travel to and support other Residential Sales Associates in door-to-door areas as necessary.
- Be willing and able to travel in accordance with Midco’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make providing an exceptional customer experience a daily focus.
- Embrace the culture of empowerment to do the right thing for our customers.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and strategies, initiatives and projects of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco. Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility, and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem-solving, critical-thinking and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that develops positive relationships with team members, customer and leadership.
- Adhere to and actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or GED required. Some college preferred.
- 2-3 year of sales or related experience preferred. Industry experience preferred.
- Possess knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the Internet.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Team members may be required to frequently reach, lift and/or carry loads of approximately 15lbs., such as laptop, literature, and office essentials.
- In-person visits to customers’ residences are frequent in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a customer's home by stairs or elevator, operating doors or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc., and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Team Members may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- Team Members may be required to be on feet walking up to or exceed 40 hours per week.
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband – while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco internet / cable
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
- Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.