- Full Time
- 5312 West Washington Center Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46808
Network Operations Center Technician
Current Openings for Tier 1 & Tier 2 Techs - 2nd and 3rd shift
General Description: As a NOC Technician at INdigital, you will be working in the Network Operations Center (“NOC”) to provide tier 1 tech support. You will be working as part of a team who provides the highest level of tier 1 support to our Public Safety Answering Point (“PSAP”) customers. In this position you will be also be required to become proficient with the steps taken by INdigital in staging and completing the installation of equipment, and systems for 9-1-1 service at PSAPs. This position will require travel to and from our general offices, with occasional travel to customer locations and industry events. You will be part of a team; and we pride ourselves in providing the highest level of service and customer satisfaction in our industry.
The NOC Technician will monitor critical network elements, engage in proactive network systems monitoring and must possess the following skills and attributes: ability to read fine print and numbers, either in printed form or on a computer monitor, and have the ability to hear and/or speak from 20 feet in an effort to communicate with groups containing five (5) or more individuals. You will perform a wide variety of tasks, containing a large degree of creativity. Individual latitude is provided, encouraged, recognized and rewarded.
The NOC Technician operates in support of the NOC Manager and will be required to exhibit a strong customer service focus and be a contributing team player; while providing a high level of aptitude and skill in handling time sensitive situations.
Duties and Responsibilities and Activities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with resources to resolve any issues encountered as the Tier 1 NOC Tech
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective troubleshooting skills and the ability to enter/update and complete trouble ticket information, “pin” the entry according to INdigital’s trouble ticket policy and procedures, and provide resolution prior to escalating the issue to Tier 2 support
- If/when it’s necessary to escalate an issue, the Tier 1 NOC Tech should be able to fully explain the issues and provide sufficient information within a trouble ticket to facilitate an exchange of information from any Tier 1 NOC Tech to the Company’s Tier 2 Support Tech
- Provide completed documentation and clearly communicate all trouble-shooting issues when escalating any issues
- Assist Tier 2 Support Tech with testing any issue that has been escalated from Tier 1 to Tier 2 in a professional manner
- Adhere to defined quality guidelines for customer communication
- Meet assigned goals and requirements for calls answered (within three (3) rings), call length, and call quality
- Identify and escalate any issues with products and/or services that impact customer acceptance, satisfaction or retention
- Monitor automated and end user incident and outage reporting, troubleshoot, and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Implement, maintain, and repair routing, IP switching, firewalls, and remote access protocols
- Create reports on up time, bandwidth usage, server utilization, and other key metrics
- Provide first line troubleshooting support for the NOC, while providing direct customer support as problems arise
- Provide Tier-1 support, follow-up and resolution of PSAP texty service-related issues
- Learn and/or develop a basic working knowledge of SIP protocol and how to navigate Windows, Linux or Cisco servers
- Must have an understanding or be able to learn how to troubleshoot and adjust audio settings within a Solacom and Vesta system
- Must be able to troubleshoot a Pak, Perle, UDS, Audio Codes, Dialogic, Cisco routers, and text platform
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Differentiate functional issues from technical issues, and working within a team environment to effectively resolve customer issues
Knowledge & Skills:
- Basic PC troubleshooting and repair skills
- Responsible for monitoring customers' systems, software and networks
- Working knowledge of basic IP routing protocol and wide area network architecture
- Ability to provide labor, job prep and project work as required within a team environment
- Must have the ability to lift objects up to 60 pounds and work within confined interior spaces
- Knowledge of MS Office products, in addition to Windows based systems/servers, and other related software systems
- Ability to navigate Windows and Linux servers, Mac, IOS, Android, anti-virus, etc.
- Working knowledge of Ethernet based intranets' both wired and wireless' with associated interfaces to the internet
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, with the ability to work independently while taking the initiative to perform effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Deliver effective oral and written communication skills; and possess an ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues
- Desire to work as a team environment that operates by providing exceptional customer service, support, and demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail
- Must be able to communicate with and/or disseminate information and details to employee and/or groups as required in the course of your duties and responsibilities
- May require travel to company sites, customer sites, workshops and conferences
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- Be willing to work as required with a flexible schedule to accomplish departmental goals and be available by phone or other communications device(s), on an as needed basis
- In instances when you cannot be available, you will need to make arrangements for someone else to cover your responsibilities and ensure that your manager has been advised of the circumstances
- Attend meetings and planning discussions which may potentially be scheduled outside regular working hours
- Must be willing to fill-in and/or adjust hours when other NOC employees have PTO (paid-time-off)
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with people at all levels of an organization
- Present a clean, neat, businesslike workspace and appearance, wear appropriate attire and safety equipment (as needed), with no visible tattoos or piercings
- Be prepared to complete any assigned task as required by your supervisor and in accordance with the satisfactory completion of all job duties and responsibilities
- INdigital is a 100% certified drug and substance free workplace, participation and compliance with the Company’s Drug Testing policy is mandatory
- At least 1-5 years of experience
Education & Certification Requirements:
- High School Diploma, or its equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in IT Technology, Computer Science or Computer Technology or related discipline, preferred
To perform the functions and responsibilities associated with the Network Operations Center (“NOC”) Technician position successfully, the selected candidate must be willing and able to perform each essential duty and/or responsibility with a satisfactory level of proficiency.
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. The details provided are representative, but do not provide an all-inclusive list of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Current openings for Tier 1 & Tier 2 Techs:
Days off- T/F & F/S
Days off- S/S & S/M
Days off- Mon & Tues
Days off- Thurs & Fri
Equal Employment Opportunity
INdigital and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Hiring and employment is contingent on eligibility to legally work in the United States.