Share with friends:
Sr Sales AnalystJOB SUMMARY
Perform complex sales analysis and reporting, business trending, new product analysis and reporting, forecasting and budgeting. Create benchmark reports that allow sales organization to track key performance indicators. Interpret report results and communicate complicated analysis in order to help improve overall sales productivity, providing decision support and recommendations to senior leadership. Compile executive reporting as required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Prepare and present commentary and analysis in written form to share insights from analysis and to support and influence decision making.
Serve as a strategic advisor to sales leadership on performance/results.
Collect, analyze, evaluate, and report data in order to make recommendations to the business to increase sales productivity.
Assist leadership in developing, compiling, and reviewing the sales budget, and rolling sales forecasts, including sales to budget variance analysis.
Work with divisions to obtain and document budget model information (e.g., new product models, programming rates, compensation information).
Perform a leading role on projects, working closely with internal clients to understand key business issues and incorporate them into business and financial models.
Be a subject matter expert on reporting platforms and team functions.
Support sales organization by sharing knowledge and training in regards to reporting platforms.
Process Changes: Constantly evaluate current team process and make recommendations for improvement, standardization and tools.
Identify and execute on ideas to generate business intelligence and generate commercial benefit to the sales organization.
Derive insights from financial analysis of existing accounts and general customer behavior patterns.
Utilize analytical capability to perform scenario and sensitivity analysis and create “at-risk” models.
Develop automated reporting packages that can be run efficiently on a recurring basis. Includes maintenance and storage of reporting output.
Develop partnerships with IT, Sales Operations, Fulfillment, Marketing, and other sales support groups to ensure accuracy and functionality of data collection platforms, functionality of sales reporting tools, and overall collaboration of all necessary reporting functions.
Work with the Sales Incentive Manager to model, report results, and analyze success of incentive programs.
Be part of a high performance culture working towards shared business objectives.
Perform complex operational analysis as requested.
Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to build and maintain reporting databases
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases and the ability to create stored procedures
- Ability to perform complex analysis such as forecasting
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Logical Thinker; Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Expert knowledge of Excel, Access, SalesForce
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications, including SharePoint and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication, in order to convey complex information to broad audience
- Ability to present reports in a clear, concise, and organized manner
- Excellent group presentation skills
- Ability to listen effectively and obtain necessary information in order to do job successfully
- Ability to coordinate and manage simultaneous requests of varying size and scope
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Knowledge of Telecom products and services
Bachelor's degree in business, statistics, economics or related field or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
9+ years Sales Analysis experience
9+ years Financial planning experience
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to show judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties
Ability to work with others to resolve complex problems, handle requests or situations
Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including Excel, Access, SharePoint and PowerPoint
Advanced knowledge of SalesForce
Advanced knowledge of Telecom Products and Services
MBA or equivalent work experience