- Full Time
- 12 Hour
- 526 Gaffney Road, Fairbanks, AK 99701
FULL TIME CASHIER-Co-op Market Grocery & Deli 12$/Hour
Cashier ( Front End Team)
Co-op Market Grocery and Deli, located in downtown Fairbanks, is the friendliest store in town and helps support a sustainable, local food system. Alaska's only retail, natural and organic food cooperative, celebrates the joy of eating healthy, responsibly and locally.
Co-op Market Grocery and Deli offers high quality, fair-priced goods, and services while working toward a sustainable local economy and promoting the cooperative principles.
Please visit www.coopmarket.org to learn more about our co-op and what cooperatives are and print an application. If you would like a preliminary interview please ask for HR, availability is monday - friday 9am -3pm ( prelim not available monday 9/2/19 for Labor Day Holiday)
16years old or older, fullTime shifts- times vary- weekend and evenings a must!
Provide a friendly, upbeat customer service to all member-owners and customers while maintaining a safe and hazard-free work environment. Assist customers with processing purchases while providing prompt, friendly, helpful customer service.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Operate cash register by passing barcoded items across an electronic scanner to record price and display cost of customer purchase
- Process customer purchases promptly and accurately using correct PLU's for produce and bulk items
- Process customer payment accurately and efficiently, in accordance with established policies
- Make change, cash checks, and issue receipts to customers
- Promote Membership benefits with non-members
- Call for back-up as needed to minimize wait time for customers.
- Bag customer purchases as needed
- Become familiar with co-op policies in order to answer customer questions. Refer unresolved questions or problems to Team Leader or Front-End Team Lead
- Communicate co-op special events to customers
- Alert Management of potential shoplifters, disorderly customers or other emergencies
- Maintains a pleasant helpful relationship with customers and co-workers
- Provide prompt friendly customer service
- Encourage and answer all customer suggestions, requests and complaints
- Know store layout and be aware of products in all departments
- Department Maintenance
- Handles company funds with accuracy
- Correctly rings in items at the register
- Stock items as assigned
- Keep register area in a clean and orderly condition
- Collect grocery carts as needed
- Inform Front End Team Lead of equipment repair and replacement needs
- Assist with quarterly inventory
- Perform other duties as assigned by Front End Team Leader, Manager on Duty, or General Manager.
- 1 + years’ experience preferred
- somewhat Flexibility in scheduling
- Previous POS experience, customer service/ retail
- Previous cash handling experience
- Familiarity with natural foods, grocery industry or cooperatives.