- Full Time
- 360 E. 10th Ave, Eugene, OR 97401
Senior Housing Company with 1500 employees seeking HR Director
Human Resources Director
Do you really care for people and want to make a difference for those who care for our Greatest Generation?
Compass Senior Living is a Senior Housing Company located in Eugene Oregon, serving more than thirty Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care communities in seven states. We care for approximately 1500 employees.
We are seeking a dynamic Human Resources Director with good experience and extraordinary interpersonal skills to connect with our incredible teams. If you are an initiator and want to make a difference in the world, we want to talk with you.
We are fun, hardworking people who are guided by goodness, loyalty, faith, and fun. Creating and maintaining a culture that represents these values is of utmost importance to us. If this resonates with you this may be a fit for you.
The Human Resources Director will work in partnership with the People and Culture Leader to implement employee engagement and retention practices. The HR Director will oversee and direct the HR Generalist. This is a hands-on position that will be heavily involved in employee benefits, performance management, worker’s compensation, state and federal compliance, and policy development. The position must model excellent customer service and requires someone who has the ability to work with kindness with all levels of employees.
· Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or relevant experience in a related field
· Five years or more of progressive HR leadership experience.
· Demonstrated ability to handle regulatory compliance issues affecting HR.
· Demonstrated ability in evaluating and administering various employee benefit programs, including health insurance and 401(k) programs.
· Fundamental understanding of compensation analysis for annual survey data compilation.
· Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
· Extraordinary communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must have a strong customer service orientation and the ability to multi-task.
· Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion, initiative and maintain confidentiality.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
· Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
· Provide leadership to HR services including development, review, and enforcement of specific policies & procedures; employee relations; progressive discipline; complaint investigation; compliance; recruitment.
· Hands-on administration of FMLA, ADAAA, AAP, FLSA, COBRA, Employment-at-Will, Harassment & retaliation prevention, Title VII provisions, etc.
· Manages the 401(k) program and health insurance plans.
· Utilize and consult with outside legal counsel to respond to audit requests, complaint investigation/resolution.
· Maintain workers' compensation records, OSHA reporting, and administration of claims with insurance carriers and participates in OSHA site inspections.
· Maintains in-depth knowledge of regulatory compliance issues affecting human resources functions.
If this sounds like a job for you, we would love to hear from you! Please respond with your resume and cover letter and salary expectations.