- Full Time
- 52000 Year
- 3555 Gateway Street, Springfield, OR 97477
Established Lane County Company Looking for Experienced Mechanic
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Oakridge Sand & Gravel Inc. is seeking an experienced Heavy Equipment Mechanic to perform all aspects of maintenance and repair on our fleet of heavy equipment and trucks. Most work will be performed in Lane County, Oregon near Eugene. Welding and some fabrication experience required. OSG is a family-owned company that has been in business for over 40 years.
OSG has gravel and quarry locations in Oakridge and Noti respectively and operates the following equipment:
- Cat Loaders
- Cat Dozers
- Cat, Volvo and Komatsu Excavators
- Kenworth Trucks
- OSG currently has work scheduled into 2021.
- Rock Crusher
OSG offers a competitive wage ($23-27 based on experience) with lots of opportunities for overtime. Pay package also includes 401k matching along with top-of-the-field medical benefits and a year-end bonus. Service truck is provided.
Education or experience that prepares you for success:
• High school diploma or GED required, some trade school or equivalent training desired
• 2+ years of mechanic experience with diesel equipment, heavy construction equipment based strongly preferred
• Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record (21 years of age & CDL license may be required in some locations)
- Must be able to perform a variety of skilled duties which may involve inspection, diagnosis, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair on general heavy construction equipment and heavy truck
- Ability to understand and fill out service-related documents and paperwork in a timely manner
- Conduct preventative maintenance inspections to ensure maintenance activities on performed in a timely manner
- Clean work vehicle and work area as necessary to maintain a safe work environment
- Meet all company, governmental and equipment related safety requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Service Manager
- Familiarity with the construction industry and experience working around heavy equipment is a must.
- Read and interpret specifications and manuals
- Ability to diagnose and repair a wide variety of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical equipment
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools, equipment, and diagnostic devices
- Must be able to communicate effectively with vendors, supervisors and equipment operators
- Must exhibit a high level of safety consciousness and a clear understanding of equipment safety
- Must have own tools.
Oakridge Sand & Gravel is an EEO / AA / ADA / Veterans employer.