- Full Time, Part Time, Evenings, Weekends
- 12.70 Year
- Edmonton, AB
Work at Marine Life in WEM!
Animal Care Assistant
The Marine Life Care Assistant is responsible for assisting our Marine Life Supervisors during the performances of all our presentations and shows, the cleaning and maintenance of all exhibits and holding tanks, and any husbandry tasks as needed.
- Applying basic knowledge of natural history, animal husbandry, and enrichment practices of all animals at the Marine Life facility.
- Assisting and preparing our Grand Stand and Sets for shows and ensuring sound set up is complete.
- Providing exceptional customer service during shows and assisting with photo sessions.
- Assisting our Animal Care staff during the private and public animal presentations.
- Assisting with the care of animal habitats, nutrition and diets, water quality and animal training.
- Maintaining, cleaning, and general upkeep of the live exhibits, cages, tanks, and displays.
- Performing general maintenance of quarantine, holding, and other back-of-house service areas.
- Ensuring touch pools are presentable and ready for the day.
- Ensuring food-prep is ready and on time for all the Marine Life animals and feeding of exhibit and non-exhibit animals.
- Possess basic knoeledge of water quality, aquatic life support, exhibit design and maintenance.
- Opening and closing duties performed.
- Supervising the touch pools when Sea Life Caverns is open and answer quests questions.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and overall appearance of all the Marine Life Facilities.
- Performing any other duties as requested.
- Possess a keen interest in aquatic life with a passion for animals with interest to continue learning all aspects relating to Marine Life.
- Experience working with reptiles, fish, and other amphibians is a definite asset.
- Degree or relevant biological field or previous experience in an animal related field is a definite asset.
- Experience with public speaking and performing is an asset.
- An individual that is outgoing, self-motivates, and a team player.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position that must be available days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- This position has a starting wage of $12.70 an hour.